VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 11:25:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steele has turned us down  (Read 2534 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:07 EST »

According to this:

http://www2.wspa.com/sports/2012/jan/10/clemsons-steele-turned-down-offe
r-tennessee-ar-3020553/
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:57:55 EST »

CDD should go after PSU's Tom Bradley.  I think he would be a good DC for UT, and already has experience as an interim HC.   

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:38:47 EST »

OK, I normally enjoy following a coaching search, but this one is a cluster fizzle. I'm just going to back away from following it until they make the announcement.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18:18 EST »

This part of the post has been removed from the article in the last 15 minutes or so:

The South Carolina News Network reports that Tennessee's search appears to be moving away from Steele after the two sides exchanged dollar figures, according to a source. According to the network's source, Steele gave Tennessee the dollar amount it would take for him to leave his current post and the school did not meet that number.

Thats kind of interesting that they choose to remove this part!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:43:44 EST »

That actually sounds like an agent pushing out spin control. I have no doubt a third party talked to Steele's agent and threw out a $$ figure and the agent answered with $$$ figure and the talking stopped there. So the agent could say, I turned them down because there was not a counter-offer.  Unless Steele gets fired, he stays at Clemson. He may get promoted in a couple of years when Clemson AD sobers up and realizes he hired a guy named Dabo and fires him.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 02:43:27 EST »

OK, I normally enjoy following a coaching search, but this one is a cluster fizzle. I'm just going to back away from following it until they make the announcement.

After the train wreck of a season we just had, this is a gnat's ass to me.  Or in other words, good approach IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: