VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 01:50:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last night TV ratings.........  (Read 3619 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:28:04 EST »

Last night's game was the second lowest rated BCS Championship Game. Interesting. I don't know the particulars but I expect that wasn't the case in the south.

Also, local news still reporting that Steele is being considered for the UT job. Either that's the case or this guy is clueless.
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:46:59 EST »

Article about the ratings. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/01/espns-alabama-lsu-draws-lowest-ever-bcs-title-rating/1

All BCS games were down a total of 10%. That's good news for proponents of a playoff. Like me. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 01:16:27 EST »

It doesn't surprise me ratings were down.  And I agree there has to be a way to make a playoff happen.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:36:52 EST »

Anything more than an 8 team playoff is too much imo.   But 8 or 4 teams I think is doable and we may actually see it someday soon.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 02:12:24 EST »

I'm sure the national media will spin that as "SEC fatigue", while conveniently leaving out the fact that this year's game was on cable for the first time, rather than a major network.

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 02:16:00 EST »

I've always been in favor of 8 and no more. I'll take 4 for starters.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:20:18 EST »

I've always been in favor of 8 and no more. I'll take 4 for starters.

Ideally, I'd like 16.  That way, you can include even the non-BCS conference champs, so no one can bitch, and you might even see the occasional huge first round upset.  But I'd certainly take 4 or 8 over what we have now.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 02:50:53 EST »

I'm sure the national media will spin that as "SEC fatigue", while conveniently leaving out the fact that this year's game was on cable for the first time, rather than a major network.

Can we still get television in America w/o cable? ;) I think there is probably some SEC fatigue, plus we had already had THAT game.  I am with u on the 16 game format. They MUST be conference champs though!  Unlike last night's game. Guarantee that 9 times out of 10 with comparable teams the loser first time wins the second game.  Where was LSU's other Qb? ???
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 02:31:11 EST »

Where was LSU's other Qb? ???

Jarod Lee was on the sidelines, probably wondering, along with the rest of us, why he wasn't given a chance to play.

RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 05:20:08 EST »

Considering not everyone has ESPN i can see the ratings being down. Plus just the generally boringness of the game to anybody who isnt a diehard football fan and loves Defense like crazy lol.

GO VOLS!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: