VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:25:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4-2 against teams seeded above us.*  (Read 1075 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2022, 12:38:51 EDT »

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 12:43:36 EDT »

I was hoping we would have gotten in Baylor's bracket.  KY might as well buy their tickets for the FF now.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 12:47:03 EDT »

I was hoping we would have gotten in Baylor's bracket.  KY might as well buy their tickets for the FF now.   

Honestly, the only 1 seed I DIDN'T want to draw was AZ. And wouldn't you know it...

Oh, and we have to go through Nova, a team that smoked us earlier and is probably the best coached team in America, to even MAKE it that far.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 12:50:13 EDT »

All we can do now is hope the guys play with that chip on their shoulder.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 01:03:17 EDT »

All we can do now is hope the guys play with that chip on their shoulder.

Yep...just win. Our past and Barnes past in The Dance doesn't help.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 01:05:18 EDT »

UK gets a fizzleing cakewalk, and we get fizzleing screwed in the draw, as per F-U-C-K-I-N-G usual.

THERE IS NOT fizzleKING ARGUMENT FOR UK TO BE SEEDED AHEAD OF US.  MOTHER fizzleER!

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 01:08:51 EDT »

UK gets a fizzleing cakewalk, and we get fizzleing screwed in the draw, as per F-U-C-K-I-N-G usual.

THERE IS NOT fizzleKING ARGUMENT FOR UK TO BE SEEDED AHEAD OF US.  MOTHER fizzleER!

Or Duke. Or Auburn.

Honestly, it feels like we lost today. This is the kind of draw I was expecting if we HAD lost.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 01:11:56 EDT »

As I post elsewhere, Lunardi stated that in his experience the committee just doesn't have time to consider late tournament results.  He wasn't saying it in a political way, or to diss Tennessee, just saying that's the way it has always been.

Doesn't make it right of course.

Thing is, I will take UT being a 3 and playing the way they are vs being a 2 and playing the way UK is any day.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 01:16:55 EDT »

As I post elsewhere, Lunardi stated that in his experience the committee just doesn't have time to consider late tournament results.  He wasn't saying it in a political way, or to diss Tennessee, just saying that's the way it has always been.

Doesn't make it right of course.

Thing is, I will take UT being a 3 and playing the way they are vs being a 2 and playing the way UK is any day.

Even if you take the SECT and H2H out of the equation, we STILL come out ahead of those teams when you look at quality wins, (lack of) bad losses, etc. Our worst loss this year was at NET #28 bammer without two of our best players, and we almost won it anyway.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 01:21:02 EDT »

Even if you take the SECT and H2H out of the equation, we STILL come out ahead of those teams when you look at quality wins, (lack of) bad losses, etc. Our worst loss this year was at NET #28 bammer without two of our best players, and we almost won it anyway.

Prior to the tourney, I would have had us as a tossup for UK on the 2/3 thing.  FWIW.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2022, 01:43:19 EDT »

There's not a team in our half of that bracket that this group shouldn't be able to handle - "if they play well".  Wright is a great coach and Nova is a good team but this isn't the same Vols team that they played earlier in the season. I do agree that Arizona was a tough draw as our 1 seed.

Having said that, tournament play is survive and advance. Beat the team in front of you until there are no more. This group can do that, if they play to their potential.

Go VOLS!!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2022, 01:45:57 EDT »

Wright is a great coach and Nova is a good team but this isn't the same Vols team that they played earlier in the season.

Great point JeffCounty

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 02:43:56 EDT »

There's not a team in our half of that bracket that this group shouldn't be able to handle - "if they play well".  Wright is a great coach and Nova is a good team but this isn't the same Vols team that they played earlier in the season. I do agree that Arizona was a tough draw as our 1 seed.

Having said that, tournament play is survive and advance. Beat the team in front of you until there are no more. This group can do that, if they play to their potential.

Go VOLS!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: