VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:31:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CBJ says he will name a starting QB this week  (Read 3912 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:15:53 EDT »

It looks like Worley's taking off with it now. Not a lot of mystery.

Now, second string is interesting, as right now it looks like Peterman is going to be the #2 guy, making Dobbs 3. I wonder if Dobbs redshirts if that happens.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:12:46 EDT »

Now, second string is interesting, as right now it looks like Peterman is going to be the #2 guy, making Dobbs 3. I wonder if Dobbs redshirts if that happens.

I don't know that it's a slam dunk for Worley anymore. The reports on him and Dobbs have been ugly, and it seems only Peterman has consistently been making the throws. If I had to put money on it I'd go with Worley since he does seem to be getting the 1st team snaps, but this is not one I'd want to be putting money on.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:12:11 EDT »

Where is Jim Bob Cooter when you need him?
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:14:40 EDT »

It does seem that Peterman is making up ground.

Riley Ferguson has been strangely quiet lately so maybe . . . oh, wait. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:24:07 EDT »

1) Regardless of on-field performance, I appreciate all the work each competitor has done.

2) It would be nice to have Bo Wallace. I appreciate Kiffin's on-field product, but botching the QB search has really hurt.

3) I'm hoping we're a lot better at QB than I think we'll be. Based on last year's performances, I'd take Dobbs, but I fear he plays too uptight.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:24:12 EDT »

I'm surprised Worley hasn't separated himself more, I thought the 2nd year in Butch's system would be when he would seperate himself especially considering how much better he looked vs USC and UGA last year.   Ugh.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 06:50:04 EDT »

It seems to me that Worley has basically separated himself, based on todays reports

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 07:09:56 EDT »

The conventional wisdom was that Peterman was finished after Florida.

But I never put that all on him...I thought Butch made a poor decision to start a true frosh on the road vs. Florida.  He should have waited a week.  I suspect he let fan pressure get to him. 

Regardless, I am very open to Peterman getting another shot.  Dobbs was competant for a true frosh last year, but didn't really generate a whole lot of points and seems to not be a big deep ball threat.  Worley of course is inconsistent but I will take the Worley of USCe and Uga any day.

I think starting out with Worley and letting Dobbs and Peterman compete for number 2 is the correct strategy.

Can't wait to see how our offense does against Utah State. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 07:12:20 EDT »

The conventional wisdom was that Peterman was finished after Florida.

But I never put that all on him...I thought Butch made a poor decision to start a true frosh on the road vs. Florida.  He should have waited a week.  I suspect he let fan pressure get to him. 

Regardless, I am very open to Peterman getting another shot.  Dobbs was competant for a true frosh last year, but didn't really generate a whole lot of points and seems to not be a big deep ball threat.  Worley of course is inconsistent but I will take the Worley of USCe and Uga any day.

I think starting out with Worley and letting Dobbs and Peterman compete for number 2 is the correct strategy.

Can't wait to see how our offense does against Utah State. 

Our offense will do fine against Utah state, their defense is not good.

Our defense against their offense will tell the tale. They can score points and have a good QB

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:42 EDT »

Our offense will do fine against Utah state, their defense is not good.

Our defense against their offense will tell the tale. They can score points and have a good QB

I heard their veteran QB left.  Was I misinformed?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:06:28 EDT »

I heard their veteran QB left.  Was I misinformed?

Their veteran QB Chuckie Keeton was injured last year (knee) , but is back this year. Now - he was injured in october, and this will be his first game back, so you have to wonder how good he will be mentally and physically, but he looks good in practice. definitely a dual threat weapon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: