VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 04:43:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So we need two more wins to be bowl eligible  (Read 2348 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2013, 12:48:16 EDT »

It sure would be nice to win at least one of these next three.  I don't want to go into the homestretch against vandy/UK needing to win them both.  We can probably forget about beating bammer, but I think we have a shot Mizzou.  They're getting a lot of credit for beating UGA and UF, and deservedly so.  But I think we're better than either of those teams right now, especially with all their injuries.  Auburn has looked pretty good, but we get them at home, and that's an actual advantage again. 

JBuck
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:18:09 EDT »

BDV - I think we can beat Auburn.  I think Mizzou is as good as advertised and we'll have a tough time at their place. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 02:25:00 EDT »

Tbh, I think Auburn is better than Missouri right now. It's kinda funny how we were all saying at the first of the season that Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama would be the suicide run. Now it's looking like the suicide run might be the next three against Alabama, Auburn and Missouri.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 02:39:24 EDT »

Tbh, I think Auburn is better than Missouri right now. It's kinda funny how we were all saying at the first of the season that Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama would be the suicide run. Now it's looking like the suicide run might be the next three against Alabama, Auburn and Missouri.

Maybe.  But after next week, I'm not conceding any of the rest.  This team seems to improve from week to week, AND they're getting healthier, with Lane and Young returning today.  If we were to go 8-4 with this roster against this schedule, Butch should be named coach of the decade.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:44:13 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:54:39 EDT »

Maybe.  But after next week, I'm not conceding any of the rest.  This team seems to improve from week to week, AND they're getting healthier, with Lane and Young returning today.  If we were to go 8-4 with this roster against this schedule, Butch should be named coach of the decade.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

With our QB play and our lack of depth, yeah, I think you're getting WAY ahead of yourself.  But there's nothing wrong with hope. It's been a long time since we had anything but wishful thinking. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 05:32:35 EDT »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: