VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 11:49:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 3420 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2019, 12:34:22 EDT »

UNC lost to a really good App St squad last week, but they are playing solid ball against Clemson. There's a talent discrepancy, but the Heels are mentally tough and sound.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 12:59:56 EDT »

Well coached and players play smart and hard and play really good defense.

But what they hell was that 2 point play call?!!! Good grief that was a awful call.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 01:01:36 EDT »

danged tiglets

2 point play was bad. Never had a chance.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 01:57:24 EDT »

Loved going for two, but hated the call. The QB did not appear comfortable running the option.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 02:45:31 EDT »

Plus you can't have penetration on the option....There was more Clemson players in the backfield than UNC players.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 11:27:06 EDT »

danged tiglets

2 point play was bad. Never had a chance.

It was a dumb decision, for two reasons.  One, they had momentum.  Two, there was enough time left that Clemson would get a shot at a FG anyway, so it didn't really change much.

I would agree 100% with the decision if there were under 20 seconds to go, or maybe even 10, but as it stands it was not smart.  Kick the PAT and MAKE THEM beat you.  Don't beat yourselves.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 08:40:12 EDT »

This is just typical Mack Brown. Unfathomable decisions at Texas and now at UNC. At Texas he proved a mediocre coach can lose with talent if you cannot coachem up.UNC will always be middle-of-the-pack.
Mack can at least talk well enough on TV to not sound and look like some random hick from southern Alabama. You know, like a head coach for a major college team in Knoxville.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 08:59:13 EDT »

This is just typical Mack Brown. Unfathomable decisions at Texas and now at UNC. At Texas he proved a mediocre coach can lose with talent if you cannot coachem up.UNC will always be middle-of-the-pack.
Mack can at least talk well enough on TV to not sound and look like some random hick from southern Alabama. You know, like a head coach for a major college team in Knoxville.

I assume you watched enough football last year to realize where North Carolina was then, vs. where they are now?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 09:01:01 EDT »

This is an unfair and inaccurate statement. Pruitt is from northern Alabama.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 01:58:29 EDT »

I don't care if our coach communicates solely in pterodactyl so long as he wins. He doesn't need to audition for supporting roles in Taming of the Shrew.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 03:37:47 EDT »

Murfvol, I want a winning coach too. But I also want a human that does not get in front of a camera and say "He done good."
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 04:34:56 EDT »

I don't care if our coach communicates solely in pterodactyl so long as he wins. He doesn't need to audition for supporting roles in Taming of the Shrew.

I'm with you. I doubt many people at LSU care that Ed Orgeron stands in front of the camera and does his best Farmer Fran imitation each week. I was one of those who laughed long and hard when LSU hired him, but results speak louder than words and he's killing it right now. We're way too far removed from being relevant to care too much about appearances.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 04:40:59 EDT »

Just WIN baby!
As long as he effectively communicates with his staff and players to WIN, I could give a rats about how he talks to the press

I would note that the coach who led the team in the decade of dominance wasn't the greatest communicator, gosh darn it

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 06:45:53 EDT »

I'm with you. I doubt many people at LSU care that Ed Orgeron stands in front of the camera and does his best Farmer Fran imitation each week. I was one of those who laughed long and hard when LSU hired him, but results speak louder than words and he's killing it right now. We're way too far removed from being relevant to care too much about appearances.

Difference being that Orgeron really does talk like a majority of his fan base do.  They understand him quite well. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2019, 06:51:22 EDT »

Difference being that Orgeron really does talk like a majority of his fan base do.  They understand him quite well. 

Yep! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 07:01:02 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 07:06:15 EDT »

I get why fans are all in on LSU this year, but I'm not sold yet.  I think they are very overated at 5 and don't belong in the conversation with Uga and bammer yet.  Two reasons.  One, although their offense is impressive, their D has looked godawful.  Two, I am not sold on Texas either.  Yeah, it was at their place, and they had a decent season for the first time in a decade last year, but no way is Texas comparable to Auburn, Georgia, bammer, and may not even be as good as Florida.  Let LSU beat one of those (particularly a non Florida one) and then, and only then, will I be sold.

The typical fan knows that LSU has always been good on D and struggled on offense, so, OBVIOUSLY they are now in bammer's class.  But the actual facts that they haven't played anyone worth a shizzle other than Tejas (who is somewhere between Florida and MIzzou in SEC terms IMO) and lack of defense suggest otherwise.  Can't wait for them to play Florida and especially Auburn.  Then we will see.

Orgeron got bitch slapped and embarassed by both Florida and Bammer last year.  I am definitely not buying his stock yet.  Let's see what he does the rest of the way. My money says he fizzles up again.  However, I would only bet a modest amount.  He might pull it off, but if and until he does....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: