VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 04:08:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How hot does McElwain's seat get if UF loses in Lexington this week?  (Read 2202 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 20, 2017, 02:12:05 EDT »

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I wouldn't mind putting a few hundred on UK. They're 3.5 dogs at home to a team that has absolutely zero offense, a defense that isn't nearly as good as years past, and a head coach that looks like he's completely in over his head at this level.

IMO, this is the worst Florida team since pre-Spurrier. They will better Muschamp's worst single season win-loss record, but that says more about Muschamp than about Florida. We're going to look back later in the season and really kick ourselves for losing this game. I can see Kentucky taking this one.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:23:39 EDT »

I"m taking UK, I think they put a hurting on the Gators.          
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:45:22 EDT »

I don't know.  UF always seems to find a way against UK, no matter how bad they are or how good UK is.  They've won 30-something in a row against them for a reason.  But I hope the upset happens. 

I still think UF is at least a 5 loss team and JM loses his job, even if they win this weekend.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:18:30 EDT »

I don't know.  UF always seems to find a way against UK, no matter how bad they are or how good UK is.  They've won 30-something in a row against them for a reason.  But I hope the upset happens. 

I still think UF is at least a 5 loss team and JM loses his job, even if they win this weekend.

That's what we said...until you know who....

UF very capable of losing this game with all the suspended players and typical anemic offense (wow, even now, it's funny to type that about Florida  ).

But as much as I question the future of McIllwain, he seems to find a way to win.  Particularly against us  , but go back and see actually many games over the last two seasons.   I think UF pulls it out yet again, but rooting for the Kats.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 03:23:15 EDT »

To address the subject line question, white hot.  If UF loses to UK, it's likely part of a death spiral for Florida this year that will lead to McIllwain's termination...but he likely will be given one more year to redeem himself, a la Muschamp.

Maybe this is the year we back into the SECC.   

Rooting for the kats, but should. not. have. to.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 04:47:16 EDT »

Kinda funny we talk about horse -face getting fired even though he has won the SECE his first two seasons. Yet we give Butch a pass. Why is that?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 08:33:56 EDT »

Kinda funny we talk about horse -face getting fired even though he has won the SECE his first two seasons. Yet we give Butch a pass. Why is that?

Butch has not lost to Kensucky...yet.   And horse face has not done anything to get fired.  Yet.  BDV thinks he gets fired for 7-5 this year if that includes UK.  I do not.  I do think if that happens and he doesn't show significant improvement next year, he's going to the glue factory.   

And dude...it's 2017.  Fans these days have no patience, is why we are talking about it.  I mean...LOOK IN THE MIRROR!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:35:37 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: