VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 12:52:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peyton bears a lot of responsibility for that loss..  (Read 3301 times)
VOLveeta
« on: January 13, 2013, 02:49:51 EST »

Two picks and a fumble...  Ugh the last pick was AWFUL
  Damn.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 02:51:20 EST »

He really does.  Horrible mistakes.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 02:53:13 EST »

And yet he had the game won in regulation but Denver has an idiot for a safety, it seems. The Broncos secondary had a horrible game.

But I do hate to see Peyton throw an INT that leads to the game winner.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 03:01:21 EST »

And yet he had the game won in regulation but Denver has an idiot for a safety, it seems. The Broncos secondary had a horrible game.

But I do hate to see Peyton throw an INT that leads to the game winner.

This
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 04:17:15 EST »

The first pick wasn't Manning's fault.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but I put a lot of it on John Fox's shoulders. Terribly conservative playcalling in crucial situations on either side of the ball and it cost them.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 04:21:26 EST »

The first pick wasn't Manning's fault.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but I put a lot of it on John Fox's shoulders. Terribly conservative playcalling in crucial situations on either side of the ball and it cost them.

This is the way it was in Carolina. His teams screwed the pooch quite often come playoff time(remember The Panthers who were 13-3 losing to a Cardinal team that was 9-7?)

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 06:10:46 EST »

Not really. The coaches bear a lot more

1 - Go conservative and give it back to the Ravens with over a minute to go
2 - Let them complete essentially a hail mary to tie it, and they were torched all game. WTH was that secondary doing?
3 - with 30 secs, take a knee and go to OT

Peyton made a bad throw in OT, but the coaches got them to OT

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:44 EST »

Not really. The coaches bear a lot more

1 - Go conservative and give it back to the Ravens with over a minute to go
2 - Let them complete essentially a hail mary to tie it, and they were torched all game. WTH was that secondary doing?
3 - with 30 secs, take a knee and go to OT

Peyton made a bad throw in OT, but the coaches got them to OT

The third one is the worst one.  You have PEYTON FREAKING MANNING (last int aside).  By deferring to the OT, you might not see the ball again!  In fact, this almost happened.  Baltimore was moving the ball on the first drive and just barely missed getting a first down at mid-field.  Their offense had momentum and could easily have scored a TD IMO.

I go back to what Bill Bellichick did in the regular season a few years ago....ahead by 4+ points, he went for it on 4th and 2 at his own 28, because he DIDN'T WANT PEYTON TO GET THE BALL BACK. 

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/11/belichicks-4th-down-decision-vs-colts.html

Granted that was when Peyton was at his peak with the Colts, and it was a regular season game that probably only affected home field advantage in the playoffs, but still....Fox can't even give Peyton a chance to lead them to a FG with 32 seconds left?  That's a head scratcher for sure.

And a painful reminder of Dooley's similar decision vs. Missouri.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: