VTTW Board Index
May 26, 2024, 02:24:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If rumors are true...  (Read 11509 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2015, 05:25:43 EST »

...we may be getting some more good news between 1-4 tomorrow.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:40:00 EST »

...we may be getting some more good news between 1-4 tomorrow.
there are multiple sets of rumors

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 01:42:10 EST »

Pat Allen?

Or is KP the one announcing today?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 02:15:00 EST »

Pat Allen?

Yes.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 02:47:33 EST »

Pat Allen?

Actually, I don't think Allen is announcing today, although it sounds promising that we could get him eventually.  But KP is supposed to announce at the game today.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 04:16:43 EST »

Actually, I don't think Allen is announcing today, although it sounds promising that we could get him eventually.  But KP is supposed to announce at the game today.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 07:04:37 EST »

If that graphic was in order, looks like KP will be leading off.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:13:58 EST »

If that graphic was in order, looks like KP will be leading off.

When, at the half? Or after the game?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 07:18:28 EST »

When, at the half? Or after the game?

Right now.  Right f'ing now.  Boom!

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 07:18:42 EST »

WOWOWOOW!!! KP to VAWLS!!!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 07:20:18 EST »

We're also in it for D'Andre Walker later on, but it's probably asking too much to get him AND Phillips.  He's probably UGA bound.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 07:26:21 EST »

I just saw on another board that Allen is supposed to announce tomorrow.  This could end up being a pretty darn good three day stretch.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 07:35:40 EST »

We're also in it for D'Andre Walker later on, but it's probably asking too much to get him AND Phillips.  He's probably UGA bound.

Our DL is going to just be unfair.  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 07:45:35 EST »

I just saw on another board that Allen is supposed to announce tomorrow.  This could end up being a pretty darn good three day stretch.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 07:46:33 EST »

Our DL is going to just be unfair.  

I'm not going to look it up, but I assume this is the best DL class (on paper) that we've ever signed, right?  In quality AND quantity.  This is how you combat today's hurry up offenses- by rotating your defenders and keeping them fresh.  

If we can get Allen, get Sapp to go ahead and make it official, and then turn Richmond from Ole Miss, I'd go ahead take that class to the house.  Anything more is just gravy.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 07:52:37 EST »

I'm not going to look it up, but I assume this is the best DL class (on paper) that we've ever signed, right?  In quality AND quantity.  This is how you combat today's hurry up offenses- by rotating your defenders and keeping them fresh.  

If we can get Allen, get Sapp to go ahead and make it official, and then turn Richmond from Ole Miss, I'd go ahead take that class to the house.  Anything more is just gravy.

I'm reading good things about our chances of getting Allen tomorrow.

I haven't even paid any attention to Richmond lately, is it still realistically possible we flip him?

Edit- that now makes 7 4-star defensive linemen combined in the 2014 & 2015 classes. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:56:45 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 07:56:00 EST »

I haven't even paid any attention to Richmond lately, is it still realistically possible we flip him?

I think it's still very possible, but he's likely going to go all the way to signing day.  Getting Allen would lessen the sting of losing Richmond- but I'm greedy.  I want them both.  You can't have too many OL.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 08:14:28 EST »

I'm not going to look it up, but I assume this is the best DL class (on paper) that we've ever signed, right?  In quality AND quantity.  

At least in several decades.

It would be hard to argue that the year we signed both Reggie White and Charles Morgan (think that was his first name) out of Chattanooga, that if they had had "star ratings" and such that DL class would have been pretty special.   Both came from Howard High School, and believe it or not Morgan was actually thought to have been a better prospect at the time.

But of course, Morgan never did pan out and Reggie finally came in to his own during the second half of his junior year in to his senior year to become the Hall of Famer that he was.

But, yes, this DL class appears to be pretty special. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 08:20:14 EST »

Edit- that now makes 7 4-star defensive linemen combined in the 2014 & 2015 classes. 

Ahem.  Kahlil McKenzie is a 5 star, and per Scout, the best HS player in the nation.

Just sayin'.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 09:39:05 EST »

Ahem.  Kahlil McKenzie is a 5 star, and per Scout, the best HS player in the nation.

Just sayin'.....

Obviously that stat was quoted by one of the other recruiting services where he's a 4 star.  How about "4 star or better"?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 12:45:32 EST »

Obviously that stat was quoted by one of the other recruiting services where he's a 4 star.  How about "4 star or better"?

Wasn't nitpicking so much as saying it's even better than you think.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 12:50:07 EST »

As happy as I am with our awesome DL (Barnett was third in the country in tackles for loss!   ), I would like to see us have a couple equal caliber pickups at OL.  So Richmond, come on down.   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 01:12:19 EST »

As happy as I am with our awesome DL (Barnett was third in the country in tackles for loss!   ), I would like to see us have a couple equal caliber pickups at OL.  So Richmond, come on down.   

Well, we've got 4 OL committed already (not counting Lovingood, who is probably going to play exclusively at LS), and 3 of the four are 4*.  We very well could be getting another 4* tomorrow.  And I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of our DL commits (Picou?) moves to offense.  Add Richmond to that haul (which I still think will ultimately happen), it's as strong an OL class as we've had in a long time.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 01:34:49 EST »

At least in several decades.

It would be hard to argue that the year we signed both Reggie White and Charles Morgan (think that was his first name) out of Chattanooga, that if they had had "star ratings" and such that DL class would have been pretty special.   Both came from Howard High School, and believe it or not Morgan was actually thought to have been a better prospect at the time.

Was that one of those package deals like when UNC signed some guy named Jordan, just so they could get an in with his friend, All-American superstar stud Buzz Peterson?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 02:06:25 EST »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: