VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 07:36:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's look at the SEC QBs in 2014  (Read 1742 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:17:13 EST »

east:

UGA - downgrade with Hutson Mason. He is a game manager, not a playmaker
SCe - Thompson is a good QB. More passing, less running
UF - Driskel is back and will be their starter probably. The problem is, he sucks.
UT - Who knows. Worley? Dobbs? Ferguson?
Mizzou - Mauk is a good QB. Offense won't be the issue, defense will be
Vandy - Robinette starts. They lose C-samuels, Matthews. More running, less passing
UK - I think Barker starts as a true FR. He is good but will have to take his lumps

Basically I think South Carolina is best positioned to win the SEC East, but UGA will have a lot of RB depth.

West

Bama - Sims is a senior but hasn't shown much. True freshman Cornwall? Downgrade.
Auburn - Marshall returns
LSU - Jennings and Rivers fight it out. Downgrade
aTm - Johnny Boy is gone. Matt Joeckel is a senior coming back. Huge downgrade. Possibly could see hotshot true freshman Kyle Allen.
OM - Junior Wallace returns and is experienced. Brunetti backs up
MSU - Prescott will be a junior and an experienced starter
Arkansas - Brandon Allen will be battling incoming 4 star Rafe Peavey.

Hard to not like Auburn to repeat, but of course LSU and Bama will have tons of talent. I look for aTm to slide down a bit. Ole Miss could surprise

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:36:28 EST »

east:

UGA - downgrade with Hutson Mason. He is a game manager, not a playmaker
SCe - Thompson is a good QB. More passing, less running
UF - Driskel is back and will be their starter probably. The problem is, he sucks.
UT - Who knows. Worley? Dobbs? Ferguson?
Mizzou - Mauk is a good QB. Offense won't be the issue, defense will be
Vandy - Robinette starts. They lose C-samuels, Matthews. More running, less passing
UK - I think Barker starts as a true FR. He is good but will have to take his lumps

Basically I think South Carolina is best positioned to win the SEC East, but UGA will have a lot of RB depth.

Focusing on the East, I actually like where we are on the QB front. 5 of the other 6 teams have a new starter (though Mauk and Thompson have significant experience). I don't expect our QB situation to make dramatic leaps forward, but I do expect it to be noticeably better after another year with Bajakian and more experience and talent at WR and TE.

I think several teams take a step back next year and there will be opportunities for us to sneak another win like we did this year with SC. It's such a difficult schedule that we could be a better team and still go 5-7, but I think there's a real chance of doing better despite our losses in the trenches.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:01:10 EST »

Focusing on the East, I actually like where we are on the QB front. 5 of the other 6 teams have a new starter (though Mauk and Thompson have significant experience). I don't expect our QB situation to make dramatic leaps forward, but I do expect it to be noticeably better after another year with Bajakian and more experience and talent at WR and TE.

I think several teams take a step back next year and there will be opportunities for us to sneak another win like we did this year with SC. It's such a difficult schedule that we could be a better team and still go 5-7, but I think there's a real chance of doing better despite our losses in the trenches.

There's a chance we have a new starter as well

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: