VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 12:54:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like the Land Sharks...  (Read 4327 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2014, 07:38:42 EST »

...have run up against Chief Brody today.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ri2Khr4eP90" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ri2Khr4eP90</a>

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 08:06:21 EST »

What I hate about this outcome is that TCU has been saying all week that the SEC is vastly over rated. They are basing that only on the team they face today.
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:17:36 EST »

What I hate about this outcome is that TCU has been saying all week that the SEC is vastly over rated. They are basing that only on the team they face today.

If either MSU or Auburn lose, I would have to agree with their assessment.  I will admit that I usually root against all sec teams in bowl games except Tennessee and South Carolina.  I feel that almost anything that's good for other sec teams is not good for UT.  GO VOLS!!!!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 09:48:39 EST »

Ole Miss exposed as a fraud. Coaches and players look absolutely lost.  Bad Bo showed up in Peach Bowl.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:43 EST »

If either MSU or Auburn lose, I would have to agree with their assessment.  I will admit that I usually root against all sec teams in bowl games except Tennessee and South Carolina.  I feel that almost anything that's good for other sec teams is not good for UT.  GO VOLS!!!!

Generally, I'll pull for SEC schools other than UF and bammer during bowl season.  But I certainly don't feel compelled to defend the honor of all these teams that have been kicking our teeth in for the past several years out of some blind conference loyalty.  Ole Miss has become a huge thorn in our side in the Midstate- so if this game helps our recruiting in any way, then I'm glad they lost. 

Besides, does the SEC really need defending?  This league has proven it on the field time and again for the past decade.  It's clearly the best football conference, and one or two bowl losses isn't going to change that.

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:57:20 EST »

Ole Miss has become a huge thorn in our side in the Midstate- so if this game helps our recruiting in any way, then I'm glad they lost. 

Besides, does the SEC really need defending?  This league has proven it on the field time and again for the past decade.  It's clearly the best football conference, and one or two bowl losses isn't going to change that.

Agree 100%.  I was thinking more of just this season.  The out of conference schedule was really weak this year, and if the bowls keep going this way, I think it would be reasonable to opine that the sec might be a bit over rated this season (although there is a good chance that the MNC comes back to the sec).
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 02:24:45 EST »

Generally, I'll pull for SEC schools other than UF and bammer during bowl season.  But I certainly don't feel compelled to defend the honor of all these teams that have been kicking our teeth in for the past several years out of some blind conference loyalty.  Ole Miss has become a huge thorn in our side in the Midstate- so if this game helps our recruiting in any way, then I'm glad they lost. 

OK, Brent Mush-mouth just made me begin pulling for MSU - what a jacka$$.  Go State!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 03:29:41 EST »

So, I've been DVR'ing the games this week that start earlier in the afternoon... and I managed to not see or hear the Ole Miss score at all and watched it when I got home today.  That was a joy to watch.  Especially when the TCU players were doing the "land shark" gesture towards the Ole Miss sideline while the fans booed, and ole Bo with that dumb look on his face.   That arrogant bunch from Ole Miss needed a reality check.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 03:32:12 EST »

I will admit that I usually root against all sec teams in bowl games except Tennessee and South Carolina.  I feel that almost anything that's good for other sec teams is not good for UT.  GO VOLS!!!!

Same here, I typically root against all the SEC teams to lose in bowl games.. especially teams we play regularly. 

I don't like them, and UT doesn't benefit from them winning.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 06:34:18 EST »

Same here, I typically root against all the SEC teams to lose in bowl games.. especially teams we play regularly. 

I don't like them, and UT doesn't benefit from them winning.

^This
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 08:04:41 EST »

Bingo.  The West is now 2-5.  I am guessing they were a tad overrated.  It's also suspect when a conference, let alone a 7-team division, makes their reputation by playing each other.  Exposed to say the least.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: