VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 03:32:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lol @ Saban, I had never seen this one  (Read 3359 times)
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:00:34 EST »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-dolphin-says-nick-saban-walked-over-convulsing-player/
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:56:20 EST »

I had forgotten all about that. I know that when I first read it the first thing that went through my mind was common sense says that as the captain of the ship you should be concerned about your players health. Its common sense.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 11:02:49 EST »

Don't forget he also reprimanded a secretary while with the Dolphins just for saying she liked his hair cut.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/alabama-happy-nick-saban-nomadic-track-record-article-1.243413

His most infamous story involves a secretary in the Miami Dolphins' office who made the mistake of saying "nice haircut" to Saban in the hallway one day. She was quickly informed, that in no uncertain terms, she was never to speak to Saban again about any subject other than football.

Yeah, "Mr. Warm and Friendly".  But somehow he has out-recruited one of the nicest guys in coaching...Pete Carroll during Carroll's time at USC.  I have a friend who sent his son to Carroll's camp and met him, and said Pete Carroll is really down to Earth and friendly in person....even to someone who just has a high school player in his camp. 

And Carroll was caught cheating, lol!   

It all goes to character. Whether anyone believes Saban is cheating or not, would a guy who walks over injured players and slams a secretary over a harmless comment get away with cheating if he could?   

He's SUCH a fizzleing douche.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 12:33:58 EST »

Clearly, he's had an epiphany since then- seeing as he's SO concerned with player safety these days.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:46:14 EST »

While a former Dolphin player disputed some of the facts the ex-Auburn player made, after reading many posts both here, and other threads, I have little doubt this man-Nick Saban-should be drawn and quartered for the sake of all humanity.

BG
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 11:43:04 EST »

While a former Dolphin player disputed some of the facts the ex-Auburn player made, after reading many posts both here, and other threads, I have little doubt this man-Nick Saban-should be drawn and quartered for the sake of all humanity.

BG

Post a link to these alleged comments by a former Dolphin disputing the contents of the article. 
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 01:55:52 EST »

Post a link to these alleged comments by a former Dolphin disputing the contents of the article.  

Here it is: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/bell-disputes-account-of-sabans-treatment/

BG
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:07:12 EST by BGHarper » Logged
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:47:12 EST »

“I recall the incident. [James] had abdominal cramps, full-body cramps,” Bell told Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald this week. “I think it was a lot worse than what Coach Saban knew. I wouldn’t say he just stepped over him. Jeno was in pretty bad shape. I don’t think us as players knew how bad it was.”

LMAO, Yeah he really shot that one down. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: