VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 06:26:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braves trade Jason Heyward  (Read 3505 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:31:02 EST »

To the damned Cardinals. 

First they let Brian McCann go, now they trade JeyHey. 

Not a happy Bravo fan right now.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:44:33 EST »

They've lost their minds.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:39:15 EST »

To the damned Cardinals. 

First they let Brian McCann go, now they trade JeyHey. 

Not a happy Bravo fan right now.   

He is a 265 hitter that never put up the power numbers that people expected from him.  Not a huge loss, but they  also didn't get much for him.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:41:47 EST »

He is a 265 hitter that never put up the power numbers that people expected from him.  Not a huge loss, but they  also didn't get much for him.

And he also saved a lot of runs with his defensive ability. 

Don't agree with you at all.  Huge loss for the organization. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 01:14:12 EST »

Thank Wren for throwing big money at BJ Upton, Dan Uggla, and Chris Johnson.  When a budget-minded team is on the hook for that much money for three guys who contribute little to nothing (literally nothing now in Uggla's case), some corners are going to have to be cut.  They were wise, IMO, to lock up Tehran, Freeman, Kimbrel, and Simmons last year, but they didn't have enough left over for Heyward. 

He HAS been a disappointment at the plate.  But I can't ever remember coming out on the good end of a trade with St. Louis.  Ron Gant and Adam Wainwright still haunt my nightmares.  I fully expect Heyward to magically start putting up triple crown type numbers next year.

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 02:54:22 EST »

Thank Wren for throwing big money at BJ Upton, Dan Uggla, and Chris Johnson.  When a budget-minded team is on the hook for that much money for three guys who contribute little to nothing (literally nothing now in Uggla's case), some corners are going to have to be cut.  They were wise, IMO, to lock up Tehran, Freeman, Kimbrel, and Simmons last year, but they didn't have enough left over for Heyward. 

He HAS been a disappointment at the plate.  But I can't ever remember coming out on the good end of a trade with St. Louis.  Ron Gant and Adam Wainwright still haunt my nightmares.  I fully expect Heyward to magically start putting up triple crown type numbers next year.

He will probably win triple crown for the Cards.    I just don't see it as a huge loss, he was probably gone after next year anyway. If Miller can pitch like he did prior to last year it will be a good deal for the Braves.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 10:07:43 EST »

Braves to talk with Lester. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11896873/jon-lester-meet-atlanta-braves-thursday
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 12:53:47 EST »

I'm hearing Justin Upton will be dealt next, and then possibly Gattis.  And they'd love to find a taker for BJ, but good luck with that. 

The farm system is pretty dry, so they're trying to restock.  I expect them to stay in rebuilding mode for the next two years, and then probably go on a spending spree prior to the 2017 season, when they move into the new park.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: