VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 12:22:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOL. Tiger high lives down to their nickname...  (Read 4143 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2015, 01:30:59 EDT »

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/07/09/memphis-does-memphis-things-to-utaustin-nichols/

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 06:57:57 EDT »

Punks 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:40:09 EDT »

Uh, BDV - you know that saying about what happens when you point a finger at somebody? 

UT has put limits on players transferring many times under several different coaches.  Yep, Tiger High is Tiger High, but we aren't innocent in putting those provisions in releases, either. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:08:13 EDT »

Uh, BDV - you know that saying about what happens when you point a finger at somebody? 

UT has put limits on players transferring many times under several different coaches.  Yep, Tiger High is Tiger High, but we aren't innocent in putting those provisions in releases, either. 

Well yeah, most every school does.  But most can give a good reason.  TH's line of thinking went like this:

Them: He can't transfer there because you're one of our future opponents.
Us:  Uh, no we're not.  You cancelled the series-  Remember?
Them: Uh...oh yeah.  Well, he still can't transfer there, uh...just because.

FWIW, I'm not the least bit upset about this.  I think our hoops program needs to get out of the cycle of relying on quick-fix transfers, and if we're short-handed for a couple years because of it, then so be it.  But this whole situation just reeks of "little brother syndrome".

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 10:52:18 EDT »

Well, I don't consider requiring a player, even with the problems Aaron Douglas had, to go to a school "no closer than 7 hours away" a very good reason, but that's what the powers that be at UT signed off on. 

Like I said, that glass houses saying comes in to play here. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 12:09:03 EDT »

Well, I don't consider requiring a player, even with the problems Aaron Douglas had, to go to a school "no closer than 7 hours away" a very good reason, but that's what the powers that be at UT signed off on. 

Well, Dooley and Hamilton were the braintrust that signed off on that restriction.  A high school move by high school administrators.  OTOH, considering the way things turned out for AD, maybe they were right to do so.  But whatever the case, at least they gave a reason other than "just because".

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 12:40:35 EDT »

I agree. Memphis's reasoning reeks, and they're rightfully catching flack for it.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 12:53:09 EDT »

Punks 

We just did the same thing to Annie Aldrete.  Limited her choices to 4 schools in California.  Cal Berkeley, SJ State, Fresno State. & Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 03:33:20 EDT »

Don't care if "everybody does it" or not.  It's not right when UT does it, and it's not right when Memphis or anybody else does it.  The student/athlete has to sit a year no matter where they go, unless they transfer down.  That's penal enough.  If a student/athlete doesn't want to be there they don't want to be there.  No need in "punishing" them unless there is evidence of tampering by another school. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 08:43:23 EDT »

If that was to deliberately exclude any other SEC team, then it made perfect sense.

It if was to deliberately exclude bammer, then I actually give Hammy an "attaboy" on that.  Which is the only attaboy he'll ever get from me.     Well, that and the one for resigning.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: