VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 07:08:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG & RICH LEAVE ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY  (Read 628 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2023, 10:42:00 EDT »

https://www.outkick.com/big-and-rich-college-gameday-music-leaving/
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 03:04:19 EDT »

I?m not like a big fan of them or anything, but it was part of the package that rings in the whole deal on Saturday mornings.

Way too much change happening way too fast.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 03:16:58 EDT »

They did a promo with Post Malone a couple weeks ago. I wonder if he?s the replacement. 

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 04:57:08 EDT »

I would always skip thru the intro music....no big loss for me.  I luv the addition of McAfee but it seems like Gameday is a little bit of a shell of its old self.  It's nice to have playing in the background, I guess. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 06:18:40 EDT »

I liked the promo song...It meant it was Saturday morning and college football all day and evening.....I didn't care for the program as much when they went from 2 hours to 3. Watered it down and too much fluff IMO.

Wonder if Rich was too conservative for ESPN and Disney? They sure wasn't doing it for the money. Maybe Disney and ESPN were too woke for Rich?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 07:01:06 EDT »

I liked the promo song...It meant it was Saturday morning and college football all day and evening.....I didn't care for the program as much when they went from 2 hours to 3. Watered it down and too much fluff IMO.

Wonder if Rich was too conservative for ESPN and Disney? They sure wasn't doing it for the money. Maybe Disney and ESPN were too woke for Rich?

Yeah, the song got the juices flowing because of what it signaled.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 08:25:24 EDT »

ESPN could blow a foghorn and it would get me ready. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 10:35:04 EDT »

I figured that was the implication of the post. More "woke" evil. The song and band are embarrassingly stupid, and an affront to country music. Maybe that's why? Having said that, I can honestly say I had no idea they had been affiliated with ESPN for 16 years, and if I did I would have purposely not tuned in. I've never really liked the show, going back to the Spurrier/Fulmer era.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 10:45:25 EDT »

There seems to be a creeping itch to bring politics back to the board. I hate that, BUT it ain't my board. I love you all as Vol fans, but for politics not so much I can take my ball and go home if needed like Creek Walker I just don't see the need for politics. Isn't everybody registered with sites where current events & politics are the stated purpose? Hasn't Musk turned X into a safe space for aggrieved "non-woke" folks?  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 11:23:44 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 10:47:33 EDT »

UT sucked for B&R's 16 years. Good riddance!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 05:42:15 EDT »

Never a huge fan of Big & Rich. Rich reminds me of the gay cowboy in the Village People.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 08:38:25 EDT »

Never a huge fan of Big & Rich. Rich reminds me of the gay cowboy in the Village People.

Now that you mention it, he does 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: