VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 09:06:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At least show me some grit here, Vols  (Read 4354 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2013, 11:36:45 EDT »

play hard this half.

And keep Peterman as far from the field as possible.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:39:01 EDT »

Some good running from Neal. And then Worley was more than a yard wide on that throw.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:42:04 EDT »

Nice, Palardy. One possession game now, and there was at least one good throw from Worley. This is better.

No the D has to step up again.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:49:52 EDT »

Groan. Coleman got beat on 3rd and long. Florida has killed us on third downs their last few drives.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 11:52:14 EDT »

How have we not yet figured out that their QB can run? Man. Another third down converted. Can't get off the field.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 11:55:22 EDT »

Groan. Coleman got beat on 3rd and long. Florida has killed us on third downs their last few drives.

That play might've sealed the deal.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 11:56:34 EDT »

Can't figure out the qb run or how to contain the edge consistently.

If we don't look better than this this year I worry about our 2014 class.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 11:56:44 EDT »

Just pitiful. They may be the worst Division I offense we play all year yet we can't get them off the field on third down.

The silver lining from this game is that UF is truly terrible. They will lose several more games. But that makes it all the more infuriating to see us giving them the game anyway.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 11:57:26 EDT »

The deal was over before the season started, that play is just evidence of it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 11:58:07 EDT »

Just pitiful. They may be the worst Division I offense we play all year yet we can't get them off the field on third down.

The silver lining from this game is that UF is truly terrible. They will lose several more games. But that makes it all the more infuriating to see us giving them the game anyway.

I can't remember a year where everything just laid out for us to finally beat them.  Ugh.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 12:11:41 EDT »

Oh look. Another 3rd and long converted.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 12:13:00 EDT »

The 2nd half is going like I expected the whole thing to go. It's actually making me feel a little better. That false hope that was dashed in the first half is now a distant memory.

Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 12:16:34 EDT »

Yeah, except that QB making our D look silly was a 2-star with ONE (1) major offer coming out of high school.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 12:17:46 EDT »

Yeah, except that QB making our D look silly was a 2-star with ONE (1) major offer coming out of high school.

That fits the Vol story line perfectly.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 12:24:44 EDT »

I don't think they will be the worst offense by a long shot, but they are pretty bad.   I also don't know if they lose several more games.  As bad as they look at times, Muschamp has a bit of Les Miles in him, winning games that seemingly he should lose.  Also, I am wondering how big a part of the problem Driskel was and if they are better off with Murphy. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: