VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 11:36:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am still on board with Butch Jones.  (Read 6900 times)
RON
Starter

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2013, 12:33:41 EDT »

Butch Jones inherited a dumpster fire. Dooley and Kiffin destroyed the UT Football program.  I was talking to former Vol David Douglas last night at the Maryville vs Hardin Valley game. He said Butch Jones needs at least 5 years to turn this program around.

I haven't seen UT Football this bad since the end of the Bill Battle era. In matter of fact it may be worse.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 12:34:58 EDT »

agree on all points

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 12:37:19 EDT »

I am too, but I won't pretend this doesn't hurt. A lot. It's going to be hard to be patient.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 12:38:56 EDT »

I am too, but I won't pretend this doesn't hurt. A lot. It's going to be hard to be patient.

I agree. This is hard.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 12:45:52 EDT »

Absolutely!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 12:51:03 EDT »

Well I wanted Worley to start this one and thought Butch should have pulled Peterman way sooner.  Just look below, lol!

But I won't get on Jones at this point in time....it's too early.  Did he screw up today?  Absolutely.  But I will give him a mulligan or two.   Just get it turned around next week and the rest of the year.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 01:08:45 EDT »

Worst I can remember.    Hope I live long enough to see it get better.

Butch Jones inherited a dumpster fire. Dooley and Kiffin destroyed the UT Football program.  I was talking to former Vol David Douglas last night at the Maryville vs Hardin Valley game. He said Butch Jones needs at least 5 years to turn this program around.

I haven't seen UT Football this bad since the end of the Bill Battle era. In matter of fact it may be worse.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 01:19:57 EDT »

Reasonable fans can't NOT still be on board at this point, and I am. So many problems this team has can only be corrected with time and hard work. It's going to take a lot of patience.

However, I've also seen things the last two weeks that have given me plenty of cause for concern. I think our staff has some growing up to do, and I hope they're able to do it.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 01:27:17 EDT »

I expected growing pains from the coaching staff but today's performance by our offense makes me wonder about them. Our o-line played better last year. It's either the scheme or the staff IMHO.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 01:36:19 EDT »

I expected growing pains from the coaching staff but today's performance by our offense makes me wonder about them. Our o-line played better last year. It's either the scheme or the staff IMHO.

We are four games in and it's a new system. You can't tell me you've seen enough to think the staff is holding the OL back. Seriously.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 01:47:43 EDT »

I think we just need better talent and Butch Jones will coach them right. I believe he will recruit better than the last two train wrecks we had for coaches, and he will bring us back to being in the race again. 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 01:47:58 EDT »

Yea, seriously. You saw enough of Peterman in less than 2 quarters, I think its ok for me, as a fan, to make a snap judgment on 4 games.

We are four games in and it's a new system. You can't tell me you've seen enough to think the staff is holding the OL back. Seriously.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 01:50:25 EDT »

Yea, seriously. You saw enough of Peterman in less than 2 quarters, I think its ok for me, as a fan, to make a snap judgment on 4 games.

Hey man, to each his own. It would just make me more miserable to be thinking that way already.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 01:53:24 EDT »

So here's my deal and why it hurts so freaking bad right now.  When this game kicked off, in my mind I'm thinking "alright, keep it respectable.  Let's show them we belong."  And then, low and behold, pick 6 and their qb is out.  Their backup is brand spanking new.  THAT is when my expecations went through the roof and I got emotionally invested in this game even though I told myself I wouldn't!  It seemed like the stars were aligned and for once we were finally going to get some luck.  But alas, it never pans out vs UF.  NEVER.  This is why I know I'm more emotional and angry than I expected to be with a loss to UF today.  
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 01:55:26 EDT »

So here's my deal and why it hurts so freaking bad right now.  When this game kicked off, in my mind I'm thinking "alright, keep it respectable.  Let's show them we belong."  And then, low and behold, pick 6 and their qb is out.  Their backup is brand spanking new.  THAT is when my expecations went through the roof and I got emotionally invested in this game even though I told myself I wouldn't!  It seemed like the stars were aligned and for once we were finally going to get some luck.  But alas, it never pans out vs UF.  NEVER.  This is why I know I'm more emotional and angry than I expected to be with a loss to UF today.  

This is probably why there's a pretty major overreaction right now. UT is constantly finding new ways to give us hope and then trash it.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 01:57:33 EDT »

IMO we had a better chance with Driscoll....A BACKUP.....RUNNING QB hurt us badly.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 01:59:11 EDT »

IMO we had a better chance with Driscoll....A BACKUP.....RUNNING QB hurt us badly.

YES.  Was trading texts with Stogie and I said something like "it was all right there for us to take!" and he replied "we would've done better against the 1st qb" which in hindsight seems quite likely.
Creek Walker
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 02:00:37 EDT »

I said when Driskel went down that it was probably bad news. Driskel was not a threat to run with his knee problem.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 02:22:44 EDT »

Don't know for sure what the deal with the o-line or the offense,  but if they don't get it fixed we may not win another game.

Hey man, to each his own. It would just make me more miserable to be thinking that way already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: