VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 05:10:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Gators leaving early  (Read 3102 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2016, 05:33:10 EST »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-gators-safety-keanu-neal-declares-nfl-draft-20160106-post.html

They are thus losing about half their D, and all America (USA Today) safety Marcus Maye perhaps will join them.  Some big losses on the defensive side as well as their best RB and their second best WR. 

Absolutely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, we should beat them decisively this year.  Anything less than a win and Butch is, and should be, on the hot seat.

I've been one of the more patient fans, but it's time to start winning.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 05:46:49 EST »

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 07:28:27 EST »

I have said that 8 times in the past 10 years.  I do agree, however, that 99%+ of fans will see this game as a Butch MUST.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-gators-safety-keanu-neal-declares-nfl-draft-20160106-post.html

Absolutely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, we should beat them decisively this year.  Anything less than a win and Butch is, and should be, on the hot seat.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 12:24:43 EST »

I have said that 8 times in the past 10 years.  I do agree, however, that 99%+ of fans will see this game as a Butch MUST.

Well, 8/10 is I think unreasonable, but I would say the gators sucked about 5-6 of the last 10 years.  The problem is, we usually sucked worse.   

The only of the last 10 years I expected a Vol win were the last two and 2006, and 2014 was really a close call. 

I would not say any of them were "must win".  Some tried to make this year's game that way, but IMO it was premature due mostly due our continuing issues on the OL at the start of the season and the fact it  was at their place.

After this past season, there are no more excuses.  Butch will deserve any and all criticism if we do not exit September 4-0.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 01:41:38 EST »

Just make sure that their QB (whoever it may be) gets pulled aside and drug tested right before he runs out of the tunnel for our game.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 07:12:05 EST »

Just make sure that their QB (whoever it may be) gets pulled aside and drug tested right before he runs out of the tunnel for our game.

Yeah.  It will likely be Felipe, but he won't have as much time in the system as Grier did. McIllwain is an offensive wiz, but our I suspect Felipe will be on his back most of the game.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: