VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 11:11:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did y'all see this? Is it fact or fiction? Or too soon to tell? Seems like there  (Read 2104 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2019, 05:18:45 EDT »

is just so much more competition for elite players now than in the late 90's. Talent is more spread out at more schools than ever before. That doesn't help a school like UT which has to recruit against the have's and now, the have nots as well.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846025-sec-media-days-2019-why-tennessee-will-never-be-elite-again
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:23:32 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 06:19:55 EDT »

What he wrote about our past decade plus is accurate...and any UT fan could have written that and most non UT fans too. Saying we will never be at the top again or elite is total BS he has no clue about. Nobody can predict the future and say 'Never'. Look where Clemson is right now and the past several years and look at them not too many years ago. Did he write that Clemson would never be 'Elite' again 12-15-20 years ago? Did he write about Bama never being 'Elite' again when they were wandering in the wilderness prior to Saban? Did he write about Florida pre Spurrier when prior to that they couldn't beat themselves in a scrimmage? What about LSU who went several years being a dysfunctional program prior to Saban going there?

This writer is nothing more than a hack who puts out click bait. Here is some other jewels he's put out there in prior years.

1. Willie Taggart, USF: For some reason, four SEC schools bypassed a young, dynamic winner in their own backyard. It will cost them twice as much the next time around to get this Jim Harbaugh clone.
2. Gary Andersen, Wisconsin: As long as King Barry keeps the meathooks off, Andersen will thrive in Madtown.
3. Bret Bielema, Arkansas: Built his reputation on exactly what Hogs want/need to compete in SEC West Division: run the ball, play physical.
4. Butch Jones, Tennessee: Attention Vols fans: you’re trading two guys with career losing records before they stepped on campus (Kiffin, Dooley), for a guy who has won everywhere he has coached. Stop whining/pining for Gruden.
5. Sonny Dykes, California: Will fit in perfectly in Berkeley; his funky, pass-happy offense causing headaches all over the defensively-challenged Pac-12.”
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:25:30 EDT »

It's Bleacher Report! 

But if someone had started a betting pool on who would be the first person to share it here... 
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 07:45:35 EDT »

Eh, he's rehashing old news and making predictions as if no changes have taken place. The problems (i.e. AD etc.) have been corrected and we have one of the most accomplished staffs in the SEC. If we can keep the staff together and recruit well, we'll be back in the top tier very soon.                       
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 07:54:39 EDT »

Bleacher report is not what you would call great journalism,  however here is a tidbit that is hard to believe. Vols had no one on preseason All-SEC team. When did that last happen? And how do you, with a straight face,  expect to beat many SEC teams?
https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/07/19/no-vols-earn-all-sec-honors-on-offense-or-defense/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:57:35 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 08:27:46 EDT »

If I understand the rules correctly, you win by outscoring the opponent....so I'd say if we want to beat SEC teams we should score more than them!         
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 04:18:49 EDT »

If I understand the rules correctly, you win by outscoring the opponent....so I'd say if we want to beat SEC teams we should score more than them!         
Well seeing that we lost 6 games by 25 or more points, that just did not happen. I am hoping this staff can improve on that this season. If not, what then?

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 01:41:30 EDT »

I've been hyped out.  Strictly in show me mode at this point. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: