VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 03:42:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICYMI, we did have a game today.  (Read 1504 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2022, 02:03:55 EDT »

Nice drama-free win. We don’t get many of those in the postseason. Got the starters a little rest and played some young guys. Team looked dialed-in. Let’s do the same to Michigan on Saturday.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 02:41:55 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 02:45:35 EDT »

The "no 2 seed" from our conference, OTOH, is struggling.  Typical calipari though. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 03:32:26 EDT »

I was hoping Michigan would win today. We owe them big time. Almost got them in '14 as a big underdog. I hope we drill them Saturday. No margin of victory can be big enough.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 05:36:25 EDT »

I know all of us love March Madness..yada yada yada but it kinda bothers me that teams like Longwood make the dance but teams like aTm do not. I know Longwood won their conference and had a great year and we love the under dogs, but all conference winners aren't the same. Just like in football. I hope conference champs are never auto-qualifiers for the football playoff.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 06:04:39 EDT »

I know all of us love March Madness..yada yada yada but it kinda bothers me that teams like Longwood make the dance but teams like aTm do not. I know Longwood won their conference and had a great year and we love the under dogs, but all conference winners aren't the same. Just like in football. I hope conference champs are never auto-qualifiers for the football playoff.
I would absolutely give all P5 conference champions a slot in my college football playoff field.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 06:05:48 EDT »

St. Peter's said hello, btw. 😜
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 10:49:53 EDT »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 06:11:11 EDT »

I would absolutely give all P5 conference champions a slot in my college football playoff field.
So you don't care if it's the best teams in the playoff or not. Noted.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 06:12:22 EDT »

They will probably get blown out in their next game though. Well it's Murray State so, who knows?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:13:22 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 08:22:05 EDT »

So you don't care if it's the best teams in the playoff or not. Noted.
You have absolutely no idea what I care about. It may be too difficult for you to understand, but the champion in each of the power 5 conferences deserves a shot at the NC, imo, unless every team can play every other team in the country - which is impossible. That still leaves 3 open spots for at large teams if it's an 8 team playoff. That would very adequately allow for the "best teams" to be given their shot at the title.
They will probably get blown out in their next game though.
'Probably' is the most important term in your response. That team, which you would have not allowed in the tournament, defeated a team that many of the experts (some of whom select and seed the "best teams") thought would most likely be in the Final Four and quite possibly win the title. They probably were picked to lose that game also. That proves that they deserved a chance at the title, imo.

You can disagree if you like. That's OK. I'm fine with that. Have a great weekend and GO VOLS!!!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2022, 10:28:30 EDT »

You have absolutely no idea what I care about. It may be too difficult for you to understand, but the champion in each of the power 5 conferences deserves a shot at the NC, imo, unless every team can play every other team in the country - which is impossible. That still leaves 3 open spots for at large teams if it's an 8 team playoff. That would very adequately allow for the "best teams" to be given their shot at the title.'Probably' is the most important term in your response. That team, which you would have not allowed in the tournament, defeated a team that many of the experts (some of whom select and seed the "best teams") thought would most likely be in the Final Four and quite possibly win the title. They probably were picked to lose that game also. That proves that they deserved a chance at the title, imo.

You can disagree if you like. That's OK. I'm fine with that. Have a great weekend and GO VOLS!!!
Basketball is a different animal than Football. No way just by being a conference champion in football you deserve a playoff spot. Some years the SEC could have many teams that are better than a weak conferences champ. I know once they get on a field anything could happen, but the odds are against it. I'm alright with the 4 team setup. Already enough blowouts in the first round. Adding more teams would just increase them and the same teams would end up in the championship game anyway. But i can understand why folks are sick of the SEC. But why should the SEC be punished just because it has more elite teams? But it is good to change things up periodically.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:38:04 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 04:49:53 EDT »

Saint Peter's says hello, again, as they head off to the Sweet Sixteen 😂🤣😂.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 06:13:25 EDT »

Saint Peter's says hello, again, as they head off to the Sweet Sixteen 😂🤣😂.

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 06:28:16 EDT »

Pride goeth before the foot in your mouth. That's all I'm sayin... It is a perfectly logical argument that the fact that they won proves they belong.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 03:37:10 EDT »

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdPAccWa/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: