VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 04:09:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The silver lining to UGA losing yesterday  (Read 6385 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:54:21 EST »

If Richt does keep his job (which I would say is a 50/50 proposition at best right now), he'll be on an extremely hot seat going in to next season.  Recruits notice these things.  And as luck would have it, we're butting heads with UGA more than anyone else on the recruiting trail this year.  It's time for us to make some hay in this class.  If we can land uncommitted guys like Hardman, Warrior, Davis, and Brown, and maybe even raid some of their existing commits like Holyfield, our class can go from so-so to great in a big hurry.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:56:37 EST »

That's been my argument all along, as well.  We go up against UGA on the recruiting trail a lot more than we go up against Florida.  I'd rather UGA be in turmoil than Florida at this point because of the Georgia kids we are competing with UGA on. 

That said, I think Richt ends up at Miami at year's end. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 05:21:58 EST »

That's been my argument all along, as well.  We go up against UGA on the recruiting trail a lot more than we go up against Florida.  I'd rather UGA be in turmoil than Florida at this point because of the Georgia kids we are competing with UGA on. 

That said, I think Richt ends up at Miami at year's end. 

If Richt is smart, he'll take that offer in a heartbeat if it's extended to him. He won't be long there, because Miami is a dumpster fire. But at least he'll have a chance to right the ship there. That's more than he has in Athens. His days are numbered at UGA, whether it ends after this season or after next. At this point, I'm inclined to believe it ends this year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 09:25:19 EST »

I still think he has at least next year.  He will get somewhat of a break due to the injury to Chubb, which, after all, was a really big factor.  Critics of course will argue that it should not have been, but it is what it is.

On further reflection though, their remaining games are Kentucky, Auburn, Ga Southern,  and GaTech in that order.  If he loses to Ga Southern he's likely gone.    A Kentucky loss won't go down very well, but he could redeem himself by winning Auburn and Tech, or maybe only one of them.

If he loses all but Ga Southern, they might well pull the trigger this year.

If he wins Kentucky, Ga Southern and splits the other two he is back for sure.

But even if he loses all of them, recall that Muschamp got another year at UF even after losing to...Ga Southern.

Bottom line, no matter how you split it if he wins half his remaining games he's back IMO.

1-3 with the only win Ga Southern and it gets sketchy. 

My 0.02 anyway.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:07:01 EST »

If he was wise, he'd get out now
See Fulmer

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 10:30:28 EST »

If he was wise, he'd get out now
See Fulmer

agree.  one could question if Miami really wants him at this point, but they are pretty desperate I think

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 01:19:41 EST »

in all seriousness, Miami would be tough so why would CMR not look at USCjr if offered.  He could do a solid job there imo and would still be in the SEC.  not saying he is in the running for either but USCjr has more imo than the U at this time.  The U has bigger upside but who knows when they will be able to get there.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 01:25:44 EST »

in all seriousness, Miami would be tough so why would CMR not look at USCjr if offered.  He could do a solid job there imo and would still be in the SEC.  not saying he is in the running for either but USCjr has more imo than the U at this time.  The U has bigger upside but who knows when they will be able to get there.

I think he's a Miami alum, but other than that, I just can't see Richt down there.  He just doesn't strike me as a South Beach kind of guy.  Maybe he was in his playing days, but he sure isn't now.  

Plus, Miami is a program where their high profile alums exert more influence than just about anywhere in America.  How do you think Richt would get along with Ray Lewis, Michael Irvin, Warren Sapp, etc?  Not to mention some of their boosters like Luther Campbell.  It just seems like a weird fit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:31:30 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 02:24:11 EST »

I still think he has at least next year.  He will get somewhat of a break due to the injury to Chubb, which, after all, was a really big factor. 

I don't believe he will get fired.  I believe it will be his own choice to move on.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 02:24:47 EST »

I think he's a Miami alum, but other than that, I just can't see Richt down there.  He just doesn't strike me as a South Beach kind of guy.  Maybe he was in his playing days, but he sure isn't now.  

Plus, Miami is a program where their high profile alums exert more influence than just about anywhere in America.  How do you think Richt would get along with Ray Lewis, Michael Irvin, Warren Sapp, etc?  Not to mention some of their boosters like Luther Campbell.  It just seems like a weird fit.

He is an alum.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 02:43:36 EST »

He was an alum b4 the U days, and I don't see him and his ways working in Miami-the above noted outside forces would work hard on his religion and his ways.  that is not a good fit.

I think he is a very good man, solid coach but has been snake bitten-the chain of coaches at UGA after Dooley seem to all be snake bitten if you think about it.  CMR is about as good as it gets from a person stand point and again he is not a bad coach just can't seem to get the dang thing over the hump.

but if he goes-that would open door for the Aubie D cord CWM and or might even put Def Cord at bammer on the board-CKS.  Think they would both want the UGA post over anything on the market.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 02:45:47 EST »

The Miami job is a great fit. He'd do fine there, and leave UGA without being forced out.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 03:58:32 EST »

By today's standards Vince Dooley would have been shown the door long before he lucked out with Herschel.  His usual record at Uga was 7-4 or 6-5 punctuated with a good season about every 6-7 years prior to Herschel.  Every year with Herschel and the year after, he was at the top (four years).  Overall Richt actually has a better record.  Dooley was 0.715 while Richt is .741.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Bulldogs_football_under_Vince_Dooley

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:31:19 EST by BanditVol » Logged

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 09:33:52 EST »

I do not believe they will fire Richt with losing Chubb to injury and Eason currently on they way to Athens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: