VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 04:14:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright people, fess up...  (Read 3494 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:38:15 EDT »

Am I the only one here who will admit to watching "Nashville" last night?  I actually thought it was good, surprisingly enough.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:41:24 EDT »

Am I the only one here who will admit to watching "Nashville" last night?  I actually thought it was good, surprisingly enough.

I was at a dinner party last night so no I did not watch the Ode to Country Music stabbing in the back!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 07:56:40 EDT »

Criminal Minds and CSI, as usual.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:05:10 EDT »

Don't watch that much series TV.  Mostly movies or sports or just surf around.

I did give Sons of Anarchy a try.  Might watch it again.

I see what you mean.  The lead character is trying to be better, and I like that.

At the same time, I couldn't help but notice that his mother and wife/partner/whatever had a scene where they beat down the "bottom bitch" of a pimp he's doing business with. 

Which is my criticism of shows like this....is it a compelling drama of a basically good person stuck in a bad situation, or just an excuse for the network to show all kinds of pandering trashy shizzle that people like to see but don't like to admit liking that they see?  Is is the drama of how the lead character saves his way of doing life, or a prurient secretive thrill at seeing a ho get beat down?

Personally, I found the beat down scene to be the high point of the show.  I'd be willing to bet that most people did as well, but would just never admit it.

Just MO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 08:42:31 EDT »

Duck Dynasty had two new shows on last night, which is about my nightly limit for tv watching. 

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 01:03:08 EDT »

Don't watch that much series TV.  Mostly movies or sports or just surf around.

I did give Sons of Anarchy a try.  Might watch it again.

I see what you mean.  The lead character is trying to be better, and I like that.

At the same time, I couldn't help but notice that his mother and wife/partner/whatever had a scene where they beat down the "bottom bitch" of a pimp he's doing business with. 

Which is my criticism of shows like this....is it a compelling drama of a basically good person stuck in a bad situation, or just an excuse for the network to show all kinds of pandering trashy shizzle that people like to see but don't like to admit liking that they see?  Is is the drama of how the lead character saves his way of doing life, or a prurient secretive thrill at seeing a ho get beat down?

Personally, I found the beat down scene to be the high point of the show.  I'd be willing to bet that most people did as well, but would just never admit it.

Just MO.

That was a scene to demonstrate just how manipulative Gemma (Jax's mother) is.  What we know, and Jax doesn't, is that she was complicit in his father's death.  At some point, probably this season, that's going to come to a head.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 01:27:50 EDT »

Getting back to Nashville, I thought it gave a failrly accurate portrayal of the music industry, and introduced us to some characters with a lot of depth (Connie Britton was born to play this type of role).  And I was pleasantly surprised that it showed the city in positive light, whereas most network shows would probably take the low road in their portrayal of a Southern city.  I recommend it.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 02:23:16 EDT »

Getting back to Nashville, I thought it gave a failrly accurate portrayal of the music industry, and introduced us to some characters with a lot of depth (Connie Britton was born to play this type of role).  And I was pleasantly surprised that it showed the city in positive light, whereas most network shows would probably take the low road in their portrayal of a Southern city.  I recommend it.
FWIU they worked very closely with consultants from Gaylord and other local businesses. I haven't watched it yet but am looking forward to it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 02:30:56 EDT »

Well I didn't see it but Hayden Panetierrie is effing fine   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: