VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:12:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonder how many former colt fans there are in TN today...  (Read 7138 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2012, 05:30:25 EST »

Just wondering how many people that were colt fans just because of Peyton are still going to be colt fans.  Guessing they will be dolphin fans now.   

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:10:31 EST »

Present and accounted for - unashamedly so!! 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:21:02 EST »

Just wondering how many people that were colt fans just because of Peyton are still going to be colt fans.  Guessing they will be dolphin fans now.   

I've been a Colts fan since I was a kid. I still will be but I have to admit when the team that Peyton is on plays the  Colts, it will hard not to pull for Peyton.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 06:33:49 EST »

I'm one.  I've no problem admitting that the only reason I rooted for the Colts is because of Peyton.  I'll root for whoever he goes to the same way, too.  I don't really have a preference, though it would be awfully fun for Denver to get him to replace Tebow.

Dallas is my #1 NFL team anyway, though.  (By the way they've gone on record to say they will not be pursuing Peyton).

According to ESPN, we will know within a week though: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7659947/peyton-manning-aims-pick-team-week-sources-say

"...sources tell ESPN that the Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos and New York Jets have actually been in contact with Manning's representatives."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:32:51 EST »

Still a Colts fan, was long before Peyton got there.

Also a Dolphins fan though, so I hope he goes there.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:10 EST »

I won't be a Colts fan anymore, but there are some teams I'll have a hard time rooting for even with Peyton there. The Dolphins are one of them.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:52 EST »

I'm done with them.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:13:02 EST »

Still a Titans fan.

Will continue to be a Titans fan.

Will continue to root for Peyton when it doesn't hurt the Titans which will be easier with him out of the division (provided he doesn't go to Houston).

I would like to see him in KC with Eric Berry.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:06 EST »

Still a Titans fan.

There is no accounting for taste!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 09:02:16 EST »

There is no accounting for taste!

Well now.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 09:20:31 EST »

Watching a replay of "The Greatest Game ever Played made me a fan. Granted Peytons made it easy the last decade plus I will remain a fan. I will pull for him whenever he goes minus the Jets.

GO VOLS!   
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:12 EST »

count me an ex-colt fan. 
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 09:40:57 EST »

Still a Titans fan.

Will continue to root for Peyton when it doesn't hurt the Titans which will be easier with him out of the division (provided he doesn't go to Houston).

I would like to see him in KC with Eric Berry.

Hear hear....I second this.  I am and always have been a Titans fan.  I have wanted Peyton to do well, but bad against the titans!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 10:08:04 EST »

Well now.

Ha!! 
Orange Rampage
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 03:16:50 EST »

Hear hear....I second this.  I am and always have been a Titans fan.  I have wanted Peyton to do well, but bad against the titans!

Titans fan as well, but have never been bothered by Peyton playing well against them. It sucks if they lose, but if it's due to Peyton playing lights out (which it almost always was) the Vol fan in me still loves to watch him excel.
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 04:53:34 EST »

I live in GA, but I will no longer be pulling for the Colts, although I can't blame them for releasing Peyton. I will root for whoever Peyton goes to. I just hope he doesn't go to the Cowboys. That would be hard.
buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 12:58:12 EST »

I was a Colt fan back when Johnny U was the man. When Irsay left and took the team to Indy, I pulled against them, until Peyton came along. Now that the Irsay clan has made the second biggest blunder in franchise history, I can go back to hating them.  I just hope Peyton does not go to the Jets.  I have never gotten over the '69 Super Bowl (and never will).  In my opinion, it was the biggest fluke in sports history. But I will always be a Peyton fan.  A question: who are your all time 5 favorite football Vols?

Mine would be:
1.  Peyton - duh
2.  Reggie White
3.  Al Wilson
4.  Eric Berry
5.  Wille Gault
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 01:21:22 EST »

I was a Colt fan back when Johnny U was the man. When Irsay left and took the team to Indy, I pulled against them, until Peyton came along. Now that the Irsay clan has made the second biggest blunder in franchise history, I can go back to hating them.  I just hope Peyton does not go to the Jets.  I have never gotten over the '69 Super Bowl (and never will).  In my opinion, it was the biggest fluke in sports history. But I will always be a Peyton fan. 
I almost posted a similar post yesterday.  Johnny U was first favorite player (still ranks in the top 5) but I stopped being a Colt fan with the Mayflower move in the middle of the night and followed them again when Peyton was drafted.  I hold Irsay just slightly higher than the #^$#$^#^%& that owns the Titans.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 02:39:00 EST »

I was a Colt fan back when Johnny U was the man. When Irsay left and took the team to Indy, I pulled against them, until Peyton came along. Now that the Irsay clan has made the second biggest blunder in franchise history, I can go back to hating them.  I just hope Peyton does not go to the Jets.  I have never gotten over the '69 Super Bowl (and never will).  In my opinion, it was the biggest fluke in sports history. But I will always be a Peyton fan.  A question: who are your all time 5 favorite football Vols?

Mine would be:
1.  Peyton - duh
2.  Reggie White
3.  Al Wilson
4.  Eric Berry
5.  Wille Gault

Great list. Hard to limit it to just 5. A few of my faves besides the ones on your list are:

Jackie Walker. He was an All-American LB on the first UT teams I can remember and my favorite player on those teams.
Dale Jones. Not particularly big or fast, but always seemed to be at the right place at the right time to make the big play. I was going to UT at that time.
Johnny Jones. UT's first 1000 yard back. He was also there when I went to UT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: