VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 01:57:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had  (Read 2849 times)
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
Had
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:04:04 EST »

A Tennessee fan today tell me that embarassed wasn't the word for yesterdays lost said sad more of thw word. I politely replied I've been sad all year yesterday I was damn embarassed to be a Vol. Its only a day I've put it behind me and im still 100% Vol, but for the first time in my 20 years I was embarassed to be a Vol fan yesterday.

GO VOLS! 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:21 EST »

I hear alot of people saying they're embarrassed to be a Vol fan... and I don't really get it.  I hate that we lost to UK, but I'm still a VFL.  This was one team that wasn't good enough to come out and sleep walk to victory over Kentucky, they did and they got what they deserved.  I'm angry at the team and the coaches for not showing up with the effort I expect to see a TN play with.  But I'm not embarrassed.. I wasn't on the field getting beat by a WR playing QB.  Our coaches and players are the ones who should be embarrassed.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:21:10 EST »

The only way I'd be embarrassed to be a Vol is if we had a Penn State situation. I may disappointed with a team's performance, but I'm not embarrassed to be a Vol.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:23:52 EST »

The only way I'd be embarrassed to be a Vol is if we had a Penn State situation. I may disappointed with a team's performance, but I'm not embarrassed to be a Vol.

Correct, I'm not embarrassed.. just really disappointed.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 11:55:37 EST »

It was an embarrassing performance and I was embarrassed by it and I don't really think it's an inappropriate application of the term. Splitting hairs over the expression of how one feels about it doesn't matter.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:14:54 EST »

It was an embarrassing performance and I was embarrassed by it and I don't really think it's an inappropriate application of the term. Splitting hairs over the expression of how one feels about it doesn't matter.

Hmm.. true.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 03:40:51 EST »

I hear alot of people saying they're embarrassed to be a Vol fan... and I don't really get it.  I hate that we lost to UK, but I'm still a VFL.  This was one team that wasn't good enough to come out and sleep walk to victory over Kentucky, they did and they got what they deserved.  I'm angry at the team and the coaches for not showing up with the effort I expect to see a TN play with.  But I'm not embarrassed.. I wasn't on the field getting beat by a WR playing QB.  Our coaches and players are the ones who should be embarrassed.

Ditto that!

G     
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: