VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 03:59:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I've been catching up on some TV shows like I said I would...  (Read 6179 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:52 EDT »

Here's my opinion so far:

Game of Thrones:  Watched the first, 10 episode season.  The first 5 were pretty slow, but then it REALLY picked up.  The last half of the season was very intense.  Season 2 starts this Sunday, I can't wait.

Boardwalk Empire:  Watched season 1.  Very interesting show, but like a lot of Scorsese's movies, it seems bloated.  The story they told in 12 episodes could have easily been told in 8.

Breakout Kings:  Watched the pilot, didn't care for it, deleted the rest.  Too slick, too formulaic, too much like any of the dozens of crime dramas on CBS.

Dexter:  Currently about 2/3 of the way through season 5 (I had previously seen the first 4 seasons on Netflix).  This is still a good show, but I think it might've peaked with season 4. 

When I finish with Dexter, I'm going to start on The Wire.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:20:14 EDT »

Wow, our posts hit at exactly the same time. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:40:42 EDT »

I think season 3 of Dexter was the peak.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 05:47:38 EDT »

Right now our fav shows are "Person of Interest" and "Awake".
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 05:50:27 EDT »

I think season 3 of Dexter was the peak.

Season 3 was very good, too.  Smits and Lithgow are definitely the best bad guys they've had on there.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:14 EDT »

Oh, I almost forgot.  I also watched the last two seasons of Weeds (I had already seen the first 5).  This show has jumped the shark in a big way.  At its best, it was a funnier, not-so-dark version of Breaking Bad.  Now it's just...bad.

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 07:03:40 EDT »

We tape Person of Interest, Justified, Southland and soon to start a new season, Blue Blood.
VOLveeta
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 07:06:51 EDT »

The Wire is AWESOME.  And of course if you haven't done Friday Night Lights, it is a MUST.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 07:20:37 EDT »

We tape Person of Interest, Justified, Southland and soon to start a new season, Blue Blood.

They still make tape?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:13 EDT »

The Wire is AWESOME.  And of course if you haven't done Friday Night Lights, it is a MUST.

Oh yeah, I watched FNL from day one.  It was terrific.  And believe it or not, I've never seen the Sopranos.  I need to put that on my playlist as well.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 08:32:07 EDT »

I'm shocked that the new Ashley Judd show "Missing" isn't your new favorite.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:53 EDT »

I'm shocked that the new Ashley Judd show "Missing" isn't your new favorite.

Haven't seen it, but judging by the commercials, I've seen another, very similar show.  I think it was titled "Everything Else Ashley Judd Has Ever Done".  It was riveting.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:14:29 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 09:41:14 EDT »

Season 3 was very good, too.  Smits and Lithgow are definitely the best bad guys they've had on there.

OK, actually I got confused... I was thinking 5 was the latest season which would make 4 the Lumen season and season 3 the Trinity season... but 6 was the latest season, meaning 5 was Lumen and 4 was Trinity.

I say all that to say that I agree with you, 4 was the best season. 3 was second best. I thought 6 was better than 5 but still not the same sort of great stuff they brought to the table in 3 & 4. The finale of season 4 was bone chilling and really sticks with you.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 09:47:27 EDT »

Since we are on the topic of shows, how are the latest two season of Breaking Bad?  We watched Seasons 1 and 2 of BB, but have yet to watch seasons 3 and 4.  If they are worth watching, I would like to do so before season 5 starts in the Fall.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 09:54:23 EDT »

Since we are on the topic of shows, how are the latest two season of Breaking Bad?  We watched Seasons 1 and 2 of BB, but have yet to watch seasons 3 and 4.  If they are worth watching, I would like to do so before season 5 starts in the Fall.

Absolutely, watch them.  It is the best show on TV, IMO, and it's just gotten better with each season.  This is going to be the last season coming up, which makes me sad.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 10:07:43 EDT »

Also I'd like to throw in another plug for Homeland here. Season 1 was outstanding and Claire Danes was remarkable in her role. I may be more excited about Season 2 of Homeland than I am Season 7 of Dexter. Scratch that... I am DEFINITELY more excited about season 2 of Homeland.

My wife also loves "Shameless" from Showtime with William H Macy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: