VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:59:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purdue was the first game all season I walked away disappointed in our effort  (Read 488 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 01, 2022, 06:06:37 EST »

"Effort" isn't really the right word. The effort was there. Just very questionable execution and very questionable play-calling at inopportune times. We expected defense to be a liability all season and last night it finally was. That last touchdown by Purdue was just sickening, really. I have no idea what Heupel was thinking with playcalling at the end of regulation...or in OT, for that matter. But he's been brilliant all season, so I'm not going to question him too much at this point.

Obviously in hindsight losing to Florida absolutely sucked. But the Florida that played Tennessee isn't the same Florida that finished out the season. I think that goes without saying. I had no problems with our losses to Pitt or Ole Miss, though both were obviously winnable. And I had no issues with our effort against Alabama and Georgia.

But last night? Yeah...still can't believe we let that one get away. We were the better team but just some really unfortunate screw-ups at some really inopportune times.

Overall, though, it was an exciting season. Hopefully we can take advantage of the portal and land some players at positions of need. I'm excited to see what Heupel can do next year.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 06:38:13 EST »

⬆️⬆️ I agree
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 06:55:30 EST »

It was definitely disappointing, and we definitely should have won.

You cant read too much into bowl games though. Remember how excited we were for 2005 after whupping texas a&m?

So if anything, this game may piss the team off and motivate them

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: