VTTW Board Index
May 22, 2024, 12:47:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: By the afternoon of December 8th 2012  (Read 4891 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:38:13 EDT »

I will be a college graduate.

Unless my adviser tells me something new, I have completed all the required classes and hours for a business degree. 

Thank the Lord for helping me through.     GPA should be between a 3.8 to 3.9.

Statistics class really pulled me down.  Everything else was manageable. Been a long 5 years (had no previous college & took some time off) but thankfully it is over.

I realize that this is old hat to most of you as i suspect many of you have degrees, multiple degrees or master's degrees but this is big for me.

I don't know how much good it will do me (career wise I suspect very little if any) at 49 but I am excited about it nonetheless.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:02 EDT »

Way to go, IV! 
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:42 EDT »

Congrats!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:47 EDT »

Unless my adviser tells me something new, I have completed all the required classes and hours for a business degree. 

Statistics class really pulled me down.  Everything else was manageable. Been a long 5 years (had no previous college & took some time off) but thankfully it is over.

I realize that this is old hat to most of you as i suspect many of you have degrees, multiple degrees or master's degrees but this is big for me.

I don't know how much good it will do me (career wise I suspect very little if any) at 49 but I am excited about it nonetheless.

IV, we are graduating in the same Bethel class on the same day. My MBA graduation is the 8th. It is hard to do undergrad at a non-traditional age... I commend you on finishing it and doing so well.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:53 EDT »

IV, we are graduating in the same Bethel class on the same day. My MBA graduation is the 8th. It is hard to do undergrad at a non-traditional age... I commend you on finishing it and doing so well.

Knew you were working on your MBA. Where will yours be held?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:11 EDT »

Knew you were working on your MBA. Where will yours be held?

On campus at Bethel... Crisp Arena... if you are still graduating from Bethel, we'll be in the same ceremony.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 08:53:59 EDT »

On campus at Bethel... Crisp Arena... if you are still graduating from Bethel, we'll be in the same ceremony.

Cool. 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 09:07:18 EDT »

One bit of advice. If you are planning on getting off at the 108 exit and going north to McKenzie........strictly obey the speed limit. Speed traps with mph changes and cameras in some places. If you don't you may get stopped on the spot or get a gift in the mail.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 11:07:29 EDT »

Huntingdon's cash-cow cameras are on either side of the Wal-Mart.  I haven't shopped in the town since they installed them.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:27 EDT »

Huntingdon's cash-cow cameras are on either side of the Wal-Mart.  I haven't shopped in the town since they installed them.

I just go the other way around.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 03:55:50 EDT »

You the man IV!

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 06:03:37 EDT »

Congrats to both of you.   Great accomplishment!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 11:57:46 EDT »

Most excellent!!
To do it in 5 years is also a great accomplishemnt (it took me 21).
Congrats!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 02:13:28 EDT »

Congrats to you IV. We're proud of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: