VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 12:26:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 1081 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2020, 04:44:50 EST »

Offense:
QB: C+/B-  Bailey had 3 bad passes, at least one of which, possibly 2 should have been TDs if he puts a bit of air under them - at least we did try to stretch the field a few times - the 3rd could/should have been a pick - really an ill advised throw.  I thought he went trough his progressions much, much better (when he had time) than JG.   JT played well, took what was available, didn't press the issue.  Needs a bit better field awareness, perhaps locks into a receiver too early.
RB:  Not much room to run but ran hard.  Chandler ran HARD in the 2nd half, best all year, and had the key block springing Gray for the TD
WR:  I am more than PO'd that we are still seeing Johnson in the game so much, at least the kids meander across the field with SPEED!  Miss used Hyatt today IMO
OL:  Far, FAR too many breakdowns.  Our two OGs had a bad day.  I thought Cooper played solid in his debut but Carvin played better IMO
Coaching:  I felt too conservative early and at other times. Run, run, pas on 3rd and long way too many times.  Wasn't till the 2nd quarter we attempted the heresy of passing on 1st down (the HORROR!).  Did have some interesting plays today.  Lining up #3 and #8 in the backfield twice today was something we had heard in training camp but never seen till today.  IMO the lack of consistency was to do a LOT by inconsistency in play calling and personnel

Defense
DL: Stopped the run, but UF is not good running the ball in the fist place.  No interior pass rush.  Fire the DL coach!
OLB:  #13 MIA.  Barron showed flashes (1 of the 2 sacks today) but a bit lost in pass coverage - has potential
ILB:  DISASTER! Grade F-!  They couldn't cover their ass in pass coverage!  In multiple occasions of coaching malpractice we lined Henry T straight up in man coverage on the outside, on a WR!  With expected results.  Banks toasted at least twice, Crouch at least once (might not have been close enough to notice other times
DBs:  Sigh ...  Actually had their best game since Mizzou.  Actually showed flashes of knowing how to cover.  Rank their effectiveness as #2, #4 and a (very) poor 3rd #0  Taylor mostly played in the dime package though he got some corner time after Burrell's PI.
Coaching:  A LOT of alignment issues, I mean a LOT!  Did not handle UFs motion well, at all.  Putting Henry T man up on #84 is MALPRACTICE in the 1st degree!

Overall:  This team fought their asses off for the full 60 minutes.  They were outmanned, out talented and out coached but they NEVER quit.  They did improve from the Auburn game.  However, to a great extent the staff to me is still coaching scared.
If, If we play Comodedoors we beat them by at least 2 TDs
I'm all in with Coach Cafego and Singlewing this week!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:17:27 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 05:32:11 EST »

Read on TOS earlier that FL has recruited 3-4 spots on average ahead of us the past 3-4 years.....Major factor is coaching. FL has a lot and we have little. Have no idea what the answer to that is....Pruitt here for another year and I just don't see how he'll be able to hire better coaches with him being on the hot seat.

OL....Just not good and there is a culture problem....I noticed today when young Bailey was on his ass I saw no linemen helping him up....There was times the OL could have taken up for Bailey and Shrout and did nothing.....Zero leadership up front. Disappointed in Trey....his draft stock has taken a dive. He could have been a leader but has shown very little. He led marches well this Summer however.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 02:05:21 EST »

Another fine review. Canning Rocker, who was no recruiter, but a fine technician continues to hurt.

Were the DL in better shape Pruitt could lend a hand with LBs and DBs.

I'm of the opinion 33 and 27 can play football, but are at the wrong position, or lacking coaching.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 07:30:42 EST »

Offense:
QB: C+/B-  Bailey had 3 bad passes, at least one of which, possibly 2 should have been TDs if he puts a bit of air under them - at least we did try to stretch the field a few times - the 3rd could/should have been a pick - really an ill advised throw.  I thought he went trough his progressions much, much better (when he had time) than JG.   JT played well, took what was available, didn't press the issue.  Needs a bit better field awareness, perhaps locks into a receiver too early.
RB:  Not much room to run but ran hard.  Chandler ran HARD in the 2nd half, best all year, and had the key block springing Gray for the TD
WR:  I am more than PO'd that we are still seeing Johnson in the game so much, at least the kids meander across the field with SPEED!  Miss used Hyatt today IMO
OL:  Far, FAR too many breakdowns.  Our two OGs had a bad day.  I thought Cooper played solid in his debut but Carvin played better IMO
Coaching:  I felt too conservative early and at other times. Run, run, pas on 3rd and long way too many times.  Wasn't till the 2nd quarter we attempted the heresy of passing on 1st down (the HORROR!).  Did have some interesting plays today.  Lining up #3 and #8 in the backfield twice today was something we had heard in training camp but never seen till today.  IMO the lack of consistency was to do a LOT by inconsistency in play calling and personnel

Defense
DL: Stopped the run, but UF is not good running the ball in the fist place.  No interior pass rush.  Fire the DL coach!
OLB:  #13 MIA.  Barron showed flashes (1 of the 2 sacks today) but a bit lost in pass coverage - has potential
ILB:  DISASTER! Grade F-!  They couldn't cover their ass in pass coverage!  In multiple occasions of coaching malpractice we lined Henry T straight up in man coverage on the outside, on a WR!  With expected results.  Banks toasted at least twice, Crouch at least once (might not have been close enough to notice other times
DBs:  Sigh ...  Actually had their best game since Mizzou.  Actually showed flashes of knowing how to cover.  Rank their effectiveness as #2, #4 and a (very) poor 3rd #0  Taylor mostly played in the dime package though he got some corner time after Burrell's PI.
Coaching:  A LOT of alignment issues, I mean a LOT!  Did not handle UFs motion well, at all.  Putting Henry T man up on #84 is MALPRACTICE in the 1st degree!

Overall:  This team fought their asses off for the full 60 minutes.  They were outmanned, out talented and out coached but they NEVER quit.  They did improve from the Auburn game.  However, to a great extent the staff to me is still coaching scared.
If, If we play Comodedoors we beat them by at least 2 TDs
I'm all in with Coach Cafego and Singlewing this week!

Getting back to this late, but re WR, I'm okay with Johnson, it's Keeton (sp?) that needs to sit.  It seems that almost every other pass that hits him in the hands has dropped. I haven't seen any issues with Johnson, just wonder which games you are watching.

And I note that you continue to throw shade at Thompson on D.  I think his pick 6 in the next game against Vandy speaks for itself.  I have seen him break up at least one pass in every single game this year.  Not saying he is perfect, but he hardly deserves the shade you are throwing IMO.  He is actually a bright spot on the D, FWTW.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 07:46:01 EST »

Getting back to this late, but re WR, I'm okay with Johnson, it's Keeton (sp?) that needs to sit.  It seems that almost every other pass that hits him in the hands has dropped. I haven't seen any issues with Johnson, just wonder which games you are watching.

And I note that you continue to throw shade at Thompson on D.  I think his pick 6 in the next game against Vandy speaks for itself.  I have seen him break up at least one pass in every single game this year.  Not saying he is perfect, but he hardly deserves the shade you are throwing IMO.  He is actually a bright spot on the D, FWTW.
He was playing essentially STAR, which his (lack of) speed and skill set are bettor suited for.  He gets his ass toasted repeatedly at corner.  Taylor and Burrell are far superior to Thompson at corner

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: