VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 01:48:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lego is teasing its biggest set ever...  (Read 5900 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:23:14 EDT »

It's 7541 pieces, it's Star Wars themed, and today they released this pic.  Any ideas?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:46:36 EDT »

It's 7541 pieces, it's Star Wars themed, and today they released this pic.  Any ideas?

tatooine desert???   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 11:50:11 EDT »

My guess? A pile of legos right now.
10EC
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 05:08:40 EDT »

The new U.S./Mexico border wall??
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 08:35:07 EDT »

That's not a moon ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 05:06:32 EDT »

That's not a moon ...
My thoughts exactly !!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 03:17:07 EDT »

The new U.S./Mexico border wall??

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 03:22:09 EDT »

So it originally had a tag that was deleted...USC MF

Widely believed to be Ultimate Series Collector Millennium Falcon

Makes sense to me.  What other part of Star Wars is (a) epic enough to warrant this, and (b) in every single movie that didn't suck balls?  (Meaning it's not in Episodes I-III, but who cares?  )

Now, for the record, although the original series was clearly better than E1-3, I don't think they sucked as much as The Internet says they did.  "I read it on The Internet so it must be true".

Anyway...Millennium Falcon was one of my top guesses (Tatooine was not a serious guess  ), so yeah.  I would bet on it.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:30:27 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 07:10:53 EDT »

Speaking of Star Wars!  I picked up this gem while I was down in TN (at Watts Bar) for the eclipse.  I can't wait to open her up!  If you look close you will see the label says "Stern pinball Star Wars LE (Limited Edition) #239 of 800!  WooHoo!

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 03:07:55 EDT »

So it originally had a tag that was deleted...USC MF

Widely believed to be Ultimate Series Collector Millennium Falcon

Makes sense to me.  What other part of Star Wars is (a) epic enough to warrant this, and (b) in every single movie that didn't suck balls?  (Meaning it's not in Episodes I-III, but who cares?  )

Now, for the record, although the original series was clearly better than E1-3, I don't think they sucked as much as The Internet says they did.  "I read it on The Internet so it must be true".

Anyway...Millennium Falcon was one of my top guesses (Tatooine was not a serious guess  ), so yeah.  I would bet on it.  

You got it.  And it can be yours for the low low price of 800 bucks.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192?cmp=Shop-GLO-Starwars-OTC-Aug-17--POST-LEGOfacebook-SOC-UCSMillenniumFalcon-SH-LEGO-

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 03:09:42 EDT »

Speaking of Star Wars!  I picked up this gem while I was down in TN (at Watts Bar) for the eclipse.  I can't wait to open her up!  If you look close you will see the label says "Stern pinball Star Wars LE (Limited Edition) #239 of 800!  WooHoo!

Is that pic taken at your house?  Are all those arcade games yours?  And if so, can I come live in your basement?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 04:27:44 EDT »

hmm...pass

A few of my colleagues have bought the Saturn V set, assembled it, and brought it in to work.  Not sure how much that costs, but it took one guy "3 evenings" to assemble.  No thanks!  Got better things to do.

I actually like the idea of building a Saturn V from Legos and bringing it in to work, but not over three evenings!   

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 11:29:11 EDT »

Is that pic taken at your house?  Are all those arcade games yours?  And if so, can I come live in your basement?

Yes, I have a crazy collection going on.  In fact, I am hosting a pinball tournament on the 16th - come on up and get in on the fun!  I have a bunch of classic pins & vids.  Star Wars is the only modern game I have - or probably ever have!

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 11:33:43 EDT »

hmm...pass

A few of my colleagues have bought the Saturn V set, assembled it, and brought it in to work.  Not sure how much that costs, but it took one guy "3 evenings" to assemble.  No thanks!  Got better things to do.

I actually like the idea of building a Saturn V from Legos and bringing it in to work, but not over three evenings!   

I know some folks who are into "Lego set investing" - - - no lie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: