VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 09:19:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New iPad  (Read 3051 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:07:46 EST »

Retina display, quad core processor, 4G, voice dictation (but not Siri), 1080 video, improved camera, improved iLife and iWork for iOS (including iPhoto), same battery life, same price points throughout the lineup.  I think I may finally take the plunge and get one. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:21:20 EST »

iPad 2 staying in the lineup, starting at $399.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:44:24 EST »

Retina display, quad core processor, 4G, voice dictation (but not Siri), 1080 video, improved camera, improved iLife and iWork for iOS (including iPhoto), same battery life, same price points throughout the lineup.  I think I may finally take the plunge and get one. 

No Siri? I was at the gym so I didn't follow the live coverage... I am seeing conflicting posts on this.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:02 EST »

On Siri... It sounds like Apple didn't mention Siri but that most people are assuming that the technology will be similar... probably without the "kitsch" of Siri which would be better for the iPad anyway.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:53:52 EST »

It has voice dictation.  You can say something, and it will type it out for you.  But you can't say "Find me a sushi place" and have it spit out results.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:25:59 EST »

I will further my slide into the world of Apple by obtaining an ipad 3.  Been waiting on it.  Also, will be going the Verizon route and when my 2 year sentence with att is over go with a verizon iphone 5.  Verizon is supposed to be going with a combo data plan to allow a combination iphone/ipad data package.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:21:09 EST »

I will further my slide into the world of Apple by obtaining an ipad 3.  Been waiting on it.  Also, will be going the Verizon route and when my 2 year sentence with att is over go with a verizon iphone 5.  Verizon is supposed to be going with a combo data plan to allow a combination iphone/ipad data package.

If you buy the iPad straight from Apple there will be no contract with Verizon and you can pay month by month as you need it. This is a VERY useful feature.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 12:42:37 EST »

If you buy the iPad straight from Apple there will be no contract with Verizon and you can pay month by month as you need it. This is a VERY useful feature.
As I understand it that is the defacto method for iPad data.  But it would be nice to have an "account" data plan that allowed data usage from 2 or more data hogs and that is what I understand Verizon is considering.  The iPad will become my defacto travel PC as when I travel for my company I have to lug their laptop around and the iPad will fit nicely on the case.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: