VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 05:15:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt getting blasted for this  (Read 2206 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2019, 12:45:10 EDT »

I saw no issues with it....I think he was referring to some players jumping ship. He could have worded it better but the media is all over this and I heard they were also bashing him on Finebaum today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/after-another-crushing-loss-tennessee-coach-jeremy-pruitt-compares-his-program-to-the-titanic-180647333.html
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:55:49 EDT »

Grant Ramey put out a tweet this morning...then he deleted it after the blowback started. Naturally, Pruitt's critics are going to use it against him. And, naturally, the media is going to play it up (it's Monday!).

I mean, it's not a big deal. At the end of the day, who cares? But what an incredibly dumb thing to say...I've never heard the Titanic used as a positive reference point. He's comparing the players who are leaving the program to rats fleeing a sinking ship. 

Dooley caught a lot of flack for his "Opportunity is nowhere" door (which wasn't actually a gaffe; it was exactly what he intended) and for comparing his players to the Germans in WWII. Pruitt's reference is probably worse than either of those in terms of face-palming moments.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:08:37 EDT »

Yeah...It's why I said he could have worded it better. I knew what his intent was so I guess that's why it didn't bother me.

Maybe Pruitt needs to attend a PR 101 class.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 01:46:33 EDT »

Titanic reference unfortunate, but not an issue for me.

As for Pruitt and PR..."the kid done good for us", just makes me roll my eyes. PR 102, how about some elementary school grammar?  

No,he is not a polished PR rep,and likely never will be.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:14:02 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 01:57:35 EDT »

Titanic reference unfortunate, but not an issue for me.

As for Pruitt and PR..."the kid done good for us", just makes me roll my eyes. PR 102, how about some elementary school grimmer? 

No,he is not a polished PR rep,and likely never will be.   

grimmer?

Just kidding Bandit...couldn't resist. I go back and read some of my posts and go....WTH!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 02:13:44 EDT »

grimmer?

Just kidding Bandit...couldn't resist. I go back and read some of my posts and go....WTH!!!

lol...you got me. Ima correct it though

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 02:17:58 EDT »

lol...you got me. Ima correct it though

Ahem...you need to do a second correct. Just a friendly public service message. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 02:26:36 EDT »

We never mistook Pruitt for a PR savant anyway.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 03:31:14 EDT »

LMAO!!!!

Please do not proofread my posts!
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 03:46:31 EDT »

LMAO!!!!

Please do not proofread my posts!

My posts are always full of errors...I just gotta give Bandit a hard time because he always argues with me. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 07:46:18 EDT »

Holy shizzle.  Who knew grammar had a second A?   

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 08:18:57 EDT »

I prefer Head Ball Coaches who don't have gud Grahamer.  And if he is likening the state of our program to the Titanic, it tells me that he is on the right track in terms of assessment - I have no problem with either issue 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: