VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 12:45:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few other notes from yesterday  (Read 1579 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2015, 03:01:32 EDT »

Third down for what is very much still with us

The middle Temmessee recruiting angle was hit hard.  The This is Tennessee was former mid Tn Stars and at least two other video sequence included mid Tn played.  This game was very much part of the larger recruiting effort.

Good tailgating with Emerilvol and his dad.  The gyros were outstanding as always.

Good meeting Revolver and speaking briefly with him.

The stadium announcement SUCKS!  I understood exactly one ref announcement and some I didn't even know he was speaking if I hadn't been looking at him.  Never understood a single announcement. One example:  I saw the ref go over to tell Jancek about the weather and saw the managers immediately start rounding up the team (kudos to them for their preparation and action) but if not for the jumbo torn announcement I would have not known why as I never understood the associated announcement.  I knew it was weather related as soon as the managers started their thing but the stadium needs to improve their speaker quality.  BTW, any sound from the jumbo torn came through 5x5.

BTW, the field was in the best shape I had ever seen.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 03:04:51 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 07:00:37 EDT »

The middle Temmessee recruiting angle was hit hard.  The This is Tennessee was former mid Tn Stars and at least two other video sequence included mid Tn played.  This game was very much part of the larger recruiting effort.

It's happened very quickly, over just a 2-3 year period, but you could make a good argument that Nashville and the surrounding area is now our most important recruiting region.  

A few years ago, it probably wouldn't have even cracked the top 5.  Atlanta was more important.  So was Memphis.  Even Birmingham, New Orleans, East Texas, and Va Tidewater area produced as many if not more UT players.  

The Midstate has just exploded with talent very quickly, and that's very, very good for UT.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: