VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 03:06:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Walking Dead Season Finale Day, everyone!*  (Read 5548 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2012, 07:32:41 EDT »

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:24:24 EDT »

I will be watching. I read a spoiler for this episode and if it holds true it will a doozy. Don't miss a minute of it.     
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:26:06 EDT »

I will be watching. I read a spoiler for this episode and if it holds true it will a doozy. Don't miss a minute of it.     

Apparently they're supposed to reveal what the doctor whispered to Rick in the season 1 finale.  I just went back and watched that episode over again to see if I could figure it out myself- and I still got nothing.  But judging by the look on Rick's face, it's something big.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:47:14 EDT »

I know what the spoiler said and (vague spoiler alert for below)

the last show gave a clue according to the source.  I can tell more, if you want more just say so I will forward the e-mail.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:40:07 EDT »

I know what the spoiler said and (vague spoiler alert for below)

the last show gave a clue according to the source.  I can tell more, if you want more just say so I will forward the e-mail.

No thanks.  I've waited this long, I can wait another hour.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:39:32 EDT »

I know one thing: the odds of T-Dog surviving tonight are about 1000-1.  He's had about 5 lines of dialogue all season.  Clearly they're just looking for an excuse to write him out.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 01:41:19 EDT »

Spoiler I got was "dead" on the money from beginning to end. Of course it didn't have all the dialogue but it told every detail of the story line from the zombies eating the horse in Atlanta until it showed the prison.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 04:00:23 EDT »

Spoiler I got was "dead" on the money from beginning to end. Of course it didn't have all the dialogue but it told every detail of the story line from the zombies eating the horse in Atlanta until it showed the prison.

The fact that they're all infected wasn't even a surprise.  After last week, I thought that was pretty much implied.

I figured that the big reveal would be something bigger, like the living can catch zombie-itis.

And I still can't believe T-Dog survived.  If I were a betting man, I would have lost a fortune on that one.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 04:25:42 EDT »

I have been riveted to the show since the series premiere but I have a feeling it will lose me next season. Most people thought the first half of Season 2 was boring; I thought it was great. To me, the most interesting aspect of a post-apocalyptic scenario like this is how survivors will regroup and rebuild society. I thought the show could've played out at Herschel's farm for a couple more seasons and explored a lot of different story lines that would've been plenty dramatic. Of course, it is a horror series and that's the sort of dedicated viewers it has to cater to, so there has to be the continued killing of zombies (and inventive new ways to explore the gore involved), and everyone - or nearly everyone - must eventually die. I guess I'm too idealistic for shows like this. 

Anyway, the show has followed the comics pretty closely thus far. A few bits of foreshadowing in last night's episode — the appearance of Michonne, Rick's decline and the shot of the prison at the end — would suggest that it is going to continue to do so next season. If so, this is the point where the whole plot of the comics gets a bit too weird for me. I was hoping involving The Governor and the whole prison sequence would be avoided altogether, but I also understand that many of the dedicated viewers will enjoy the new twists that are probably coming next season.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 04:38:51 EDT »

I have been riveted to the show since the series premiere but I have a feeling it will lose me next season. Most people thought the first half of Season 2 was boring; I thought it was great. To me, the most interesting aspect of a post-apocalyptic scenario like this is how survivors will regroup and rebuild society. I thought the show could've played out at Herschel's farm for a couple more seasons and explored a lot of different story lines that would've been plenty dramatic. Of course, it is a horror series and that's the sort of dedicated viewers it has to cater to, so there has to be the continued killing of zombies (and inventive new ways to explore the gore involved), and everyone - or nearly everyone - must eventually die. I guess I'm too idealistic for shows like this. 

Anyway, the show has followed the comics pretty closely thus far. A few bits of foreshadowing in last night's episode — the appearance of Michonne, Rick's decline and the shot of the prison at the end — would suggest that it is going to continue to do so next season. If so, this is the point where the whole plot of the comics gets a bit too weird for me. I was hoping involving The Governor and the whole prison sequence would be avoided altogether, but I also understand that many of the dedicated viewers will enjoy the new twists that are probably coming next season.

I haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming next.  But one of the things I love about this show is it's believability (relatively speaking, given the subject matter).  So seeing that a hooded ninja dude with a couple of armless zombie slaves is going to come into play gives me pause.  But I'll keep watching next season. 

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 05:47:55 EDT »

I have never read the series but my son has the 1st 50 in a book and I will likely read it before the next season starts.

I didn't really mind the pace of this years show as i knew they had to explore the characters some to move the show forward but it did need the increase in action to keep a lot of the fans interested. It is a zombie apocalypse, so you have to kill zombies to survive.

One thing that seemed like a flaw in logic to me last night was the whole zombie scene at the farm. Zombies are obviously attracted by sound, lights and movement. Why didn't the zombies flock to the flames when the barn went up? Also it showed the zombie migration from Atlanta as the group that passed them on the divided highway.........shouldn't that whole group have been long long gone by last night instead of wandering around in the woods by the farm?
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 06:16:48 EDT »

The zombies seem to be walking faster these days, also. Andrea was running through the woods but couldn't seem to gain any ground on those things.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 06:22:27 EDT »

I'm just glad they aren't as fast as those in the movie 28 Days or 28 Days Later or even in Zombieland.  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:15:25 EDT by Inspector Vol » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:05:23 EDT »

Meh.  I think the zombie genre is overplayed.  Way too many movies in the last 5-6 years, I just burned out on them.  Plus, with the exception of 28 days, it's just silly how long they can keep moving. Defies the laws of physics and such.    If they truly need (take your pick) brains or warm human flesh to feed on, how can they keep going when the supply is so limited and the demand so great? 

Anyway, my favorite zombie movie of the last 10 years is Shaun of the Dead.  Probably because it was a spoof.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 07:37:17 EDT »

I haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming next.  But one of the things I love about this show is it's believability (relatively speaking, given the subject matter).  So seeing that a hooded ninja dude with a couple of armless zombie slaves is going to come into play gives me pause.  But I'll keep watching next season. 

The hooded ninja is a chick named Michonne...supposedly the most popular character in the comic book series.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: