VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 11:10:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruh roh, michigan  (Read 512 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2023, 07:51:16 EDT »

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ncaa-investigating-michigan-football-for-alleged-rule-violations-related-to-sign-stealing-161714176.html

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 08:00:15 EDT »

Though honestly, I can?t see why this is even a rule. If one of your coaches or GAs wants to buy a ticket, sit in the stands, and scout an opponent, why is that illegal? Now if they were using electronic monitoring equipment, that?s a whole different kettle of fish.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 11:26:16 EDT »

Yea, I thought that was done all the time. If the signs are that easy to figure out, why couldn't a team figure them out during the game?

But, if Michigan is in trouble, I'm not going to complain about it. 

Now if you want to read something really aggravating, read the articles on the NCAA basketball scandal that punished the schlubs setting up the payments but let the coaches and their programs off of the hook. Kansas really skated.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 11:28:37 EDT »

Here is one article: https://andscape.com/features/kansas-basketball-gets-out-of-jail-free-but-falsehoods-are-there-for-all-to-see/
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 11:45:41 EDT »

Though honestly, I can?t see why this is even a rule. If one of your coaches or GAs wants to buy a ticket, sit in the stands, and scout an opponent, why is that illegal? Now if they were using electronic monitoring equipment, that?s a whole different kettle of fish.

Isn't this what Bellicheat got in trouble for?  If so, bury anyone who did it under the prison.   

Speaking of Bellicheat....as I had already noted, but a person on sports talk radio said the other day, the discussion of Brady vs. Bellicheat is now "blown up".   

It's very clear that it was much more Brady than Bellicheat.

And speaking of which...we all know that Satan learned from Bellicheat.

I am wondering if the discussion of recruiting vs. coaching vis a vis Satan is about to also get "blown up", now that other teams have closed the talent gap. 

For all that is holy, I hope so!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 01:35:43 EDT »

Back in my early football staff days I was on the go scout the next team we played crew. There was usually 2-3 of us. We exchanged 16mm black and white film back in those days and several times the picture wasn't real good. Also coaches were notorious for cutting and slicing film and cutting out some plays they didn't want on film. A couple of times they even sliced and put in XXX strips in the films...Made for good film sessions  

We usually got what we needed on those scouting trips by mid 3rd quarter and then it was off to the bars and dance halls. We'd come home some trips at 4am...then have to explain to the wives why we were out so late.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 03:58:16 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 03:15:57 EDT »

I don't like Michigan. BUT everybody cheats is my belief. God bless America! Many fortunes have been created by cheating. Just don't get caught. They say Satan, er Saban, ain't been caught. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 04:52:23 EDT »

Back in my early football staff days I was on the go scout the next team we played crew. There was usually 2-3 of us. We exchanged 16mm black and white film back in those days and several times the picture wasn't real good. Also coaches were notorious for cutting and slicing film and cutting out some plays they didn't want on film. A couple of times they even sliced and put in XXX strips in the films...Made for good film sessions  

We usually got what we needed on those scouting trips by mid 3rd quarter and then it was off to the bars and dance halls. We'd come home some trips at 4am...then have to explain to the wives why we were out so late.  

Flashing back to my 20s 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: