VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 12:36:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK Let's have some fun. On the new Star Wars movie, give me your picks  (Read 8692 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2012, 09:34:16 EST »

Who is your pick for the roles of Luke, Leia, and Han  for 2015’s episode 7? Here are mine ---and I did give it some thought!
I based it on the fact that more films will come and you need to pick someone who won’t get too old for the role.

Luke – Joseph Gordon Leavitt. I gave this a lot of thought. Luke shouldn’t be a muscular, big guy- he should give off more of the introspective, brooding feel, and as the leader of the new Jedi academy he needs to have an intelligent look, yet be able to pull off an action guy as well. Leavitt fits the bill.

Leia – Victoria Justice. This girl’s about to be a big name. She’s been on Nickolodeon and Fun Size, but is princess enough to play Leia, tough enough to be a Jedi, and works as Leavitt’s sister.

Han Solo – Chris Evans. Somehow I think the new Han Solo should be pretty charismatic, good looking, and a guy who can pull off action sequences. Evans has already proved he can do that as Captain America.
10EC
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:38:09 EST »

Luke - Mark Hamil
Han - Harrison Ford
Leia - Carrie Fisher

I'm all for Scarlett Johansson being one of the "twins" though   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:40:51 EST »

Luke - Mark Hamil
Han - Harrison Ford
Leia - Carrie Fisher

That should appeal to the younger audience. LOL

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:46:26 EST »

That should appeal to the younger audience. LOL

Who would You cast as Darth Vader?

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:48:26 EST »

Who is your pick for the roles of Luke, Leia, and Han  for 2015’s episode 7? Here are mine ---and I did give it some thought!
I based it on the fact that more films will come and you need to pick someone who won’t get too old for the role.

Luke – Joseph Gordon Leavitt. I gave this a lot of thought. Luke shouldn’t be a muscular, big guy- he should give off more of the introspective, brooding feel, and as the leader of the new Jedi academy he needs to have an intelligent look, yet be able to pull off an action guy as well. Leavitt fits the bill.

Leia – Victoria Justice. This girl’s about to be a big name. She’s been on Nickolodeon and Fun Size, but is princess enough to play Leia, tough enough to be a Jedi, and works as Leavitt’s sister.

Han Solo – Chris Evans. Somehow I think the new Han Solo should be pretty charismatic, good looking, and a guy who can pull off action sequences. Evans has already proved he can do that as Captain America.

LOL, I don't even know who any of those people are.

I'm actually more concerned with who will be the director.  If they get someone like Jerry Bruckheimer or Michael Bay, it will be a big-budget disaster.  I've heard rumors of JJ Abrams and Joss Wheedon, either of them could probably do a good job.  Christopher Nolan would be awesome, too.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 09:49:11 EST »

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 09:51:13 EST »

Put Nicholas Cage as Darth Vader,He was damn good in the Ghostrider movies

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 09:53:47 EST »

LOL, I don't even know who any of those people are.

I'm actually more concerned with who will be the director.  If they get someone like Jerry Bruckheimer or Michael Bay, it will be a big-budget disaster.  I've heard rumors of JJ Abrams and Joss Wheedon, either of them could probably do a good job.  Christopher Nolan would be awesome, too.

I can see you not knowing Victoria Justice, but Evans was Camtain America in The Avengers, and Leavitt has been in a lot of films, including Inception. I would love it to be Nolan, but he may make it too complicated. Let Spielberg have at it.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:55:41 EST by Volznut » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 09:54:24 EST »

I guess Burt Lancaster, since he's dead

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 09:55:23 EST »

I guess Burt Lancaster, since he's dead

LOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 09:56:48 EST »

I can see you not knowing Victoria Justice, but Evans was Camtain America in The Avengers, and Leavitt has been in a lot of films, including Inception.

Haven't seen either film.  I'm actually pretty picky about my movies.  That said, I would probably recognize them if I googled them.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 09:57:52 EST »

Haven't seen either film.  I'm actually pretty picky about my movies.  That said, I would probably recognize them if I googled them.

Nolan directed Inception. See it, it's really good.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 10:04:03 EST »

Luke - Mark Hamil
Han - Harrison Ford
Leia - Carrie Fisher

I'm all for Scarlett Johansson being one of the "twins" though   

These are not the actors you are looking for.
10EC
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:17 EST »

Here is an idea.  Why don't we re-make Gone with the Wind with say.... Lindsey Lohan as Scarlett
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 10:10:00 EST »

Here is an idea.  Why don't we re-make Gone with the Wind with say.... Lindsey Lohan as Scarlett

Great idea...and Charlie Sheen as Butler

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 10:10:52 EST »

Great idea...and Charlie Sheen as Butler

LOL,Scarlet would be sent multiple times to rehab

10EC
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 10:11:45 EST »

LOL,Scarlet would be sent multiple times to rehab

But, that would appeal to the younger generation... which of course... is the whole point isn't it?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 10:13:51 EST »

But, that would appeal to the younger generation... which of course... is the whole point isn't it?

well, the point of my OP was to get people's picks, but so far I am pretty disappointed in this group.

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 10:22:18 EST »

Any chance the new movies possibly picks up in the Clone Wars, with most characters already in place,  similiar to the cartoons that air currently or is it a given that these new movies are post Vader? 
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:58 EST »

Well played.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 01:43:59 EST »

Fiddle dee dee
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 01:45:18 EST »

Well played.
Thank you...I'm glad someone got it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 04:40:25 EST »

Olivia Wilde as Leia...because she's HOT!  And frankly, she is descended from British royalty and looks like a princess, so why not.  She may be too young though.

The dude that played Indy's son in Raider's 4...Shia LeBeuf...as Luke.  Why not take on all the Lucas legacies.  (LOL! - just kidding). Ummmm.  DiCaprio?  Have no idea.

Hard to say who Luke could or should be...no idea actually.  I am pretty bad with actors...just really DGAS about celebrities. Not one to read the tabloids or watch Entertainment Tonight.

Han Solo...hard to say really.  Harrison Ford is one of a kind.  That would be tough.  Does he need to be middle aged, or relatively young?  Answer depends on that.  Could Liam Neeson pull it off?  Nah, too serious.  Robert Downey Jr.?  That's the best I can do in five minutes.

I would actually prefer that they focus on a whole new generation and bring in the actual actors for cameos as old dudes, while they are still alive, but that may not be what Lucas had in mind, and I want them to stick with his plan.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 04:02:05 EST »

Olivia Wilde as Leia...because she's HOT!  And frankly, she is descended from British royalty and looks like a princess, so why not.  She may be too young though.

The dude that played Indy's son in Raider's 4...Shia LeBeuf...as Luke.  Why not take on all the Lucas legacies.  (LOL! - just kidding). Ummmm.  DiCaprio?  Have no idea.

Hard to say who Luke could or should be...no idea actually.  I am pretty bad with actors...just really DGAS about celebrities. Not one to read the tabloids or watch Entertainment Tonight.

Han Solo...hard to say really.  Harrison Ford is one of a kind.  That would be tough.  Does he need to be middle aged, or relatively young?  Answer depends on that.  Could Liam Neeson pull it off?  Nah, too serious.  Robert Downey Jr.?  That's the best I can do in five minutes.

I would actually prefer that they focus on a whole new generation and bring in the actual actors for cameos as old dudes, while they are still alive, but that may not be what Lucas had in mind, and I want them to stick with his plan.

Liam Neeson would be too old, might as well cast Harrison Ford. Downey is in his 40s, probably too old for the long term.

LeBouf may not be bad as Luke. But he is likely in the new Indiana Jones series, so to do both that and Luke may be too much.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 04:11:46 EST »

Liam Neesom was in Episode 1 already.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: