VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 07:02:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I knew that picking OSU to win two games was a mistake...  (Read 3567 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2014, 08:25:12 EDT »

They couldn't even win one.
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:38:51 EDT »

Only one person in the VTTW pickem picked Dayton.

Well played, Mightvols. Whoever you are.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:39:42 EDT »

Only one person in the VTTW pickem picked Dayton.

Well played, Mightvols. Whoever you are.

It's bruce Pearl
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:43:23 EDT »

That would be me.  OSU was weak down the stretch, and Dayton is an instate rival, but it was more of a hunch actually.  It just felt like Dayton was going to win. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 09:18:56 EDT »

Good.  Choke on it, Aaron and Thad.

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 09:51:11 EDT »

Good.  Choke on it, Aaron and Thad.

A quote from govolsxtra.com: "Ironically Aaron Craft's college career ends just a couple days after Bruce Pearl's starts again."
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 10:02:48 EDT »

A quote from govolsxtra.com: "Ironically Aaron Craft's college career ends just a couple days after Bruce Pearl's starts again."

Yeah, fizzle YOU Aaaron Craft!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 10:58:31 EDT »

Word is that since Craft now has the weekend free he is going to host his own barbecue.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 11:40:02 EDT »

I can't tell you how bad I hate tOSU.......Well I could, but I'd get banned from here and you guys would miss me. 
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 12:26:04 EDT »

Flyers rule!!!!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 01:02:30 EDT »

I hate tOSU anyway.  Hated them growing up in Indiana, they were like bammer, quite obnoxious only not nearly as bad. 

But specifically to basketball...I'll never forget the BULLshizzle calls against us a few years ago.  We took a 17 point lead at the half, and their ENTIRE OFFENSE the second half consisted of their point guard (Conley) driving the lane and having ticky tack fouls called.   He shot 14 free throws in that game.   Their other starting guard shot 17 shots! They out-shot us at the free throw line 35 to 17, and made 23 to our 8.  It was RIDICULOUS.  So biased....I know whining about refs is a  "what comes around goes around" thing and I usually don't do it, but in this game we got screwed SO BADLY that yes, I am pissed about it. 

Think about it this way...we were ahead 17 at the half, and OSU made 17 more points off free throws than us.  The refs HANDED THEM that game.   

Of course, it was sweet that we got revenge two years later....but as I understand it, it was being butt hurt over that game that probably caused Craft to turn us in.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: