VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 03:52:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess I needed a reminder...  (Read 2283 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2014, 07:24:51 EST »

...or maybe I just wanted to torture myself.  So I went looking for videos of Bruce Pearl's first season at UT.  Here's what I found.  Notice how engaged the head coach is on the sidelines.  Notice the atmosphere in TBA.  Notice how the players elevate their play in crunch time of close games.  It was exciting.  It was fun.  It was everything this year's team isn't, and with a fraction of the talent.

So you know what?  I've decided that I don't give a shizzle what happened in the past.  I don't give a shizzle what the obstacles are, and I don't give a shizzle what the NCAA thinks.  I want Bruce back, and I won't settle for anyone else.  If our next coach isn't named Bruce Pearl, he's on the hot seat with me from day one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ulYdjw4sKOA&amp;list=PL1Hki1ppOn1F0v3FUbQp1Y2oshBLe_KGz" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ulYdjw4sKOA&amp;list=PL1Hki1ppOn1F0v3FUbQp1Y2oshBLe_KGz</a>

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:38:02 EST »

Does anyone else find it unusual that he still lives in Knoxville? I'll put my aluminum foil cap back on and listen your your answers.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 01:18:21 EST »

Does anyone else find it unusual that he still lives in Knoxville? I'll put my aluminum foil cap back on and listen your your answers.

Given that his wife is from Knoxville, his family is here, he is working for H.T. Hackney (a Knoxville company), and that he was reportedly nearly a million dollars underwater (according to local real estate people) on his home when he was fired by UT, I don't find it unusual at all. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:32:00 EST »

Given that his wife is from Knoxville, his family is here, he is working for H.T. Hackney (a Knoxville company), and that he was reportedly nearly a million dollars underwater (according to local real estate people) on his home when he was fired by UT, I don't find it unusual at all. 

I guess that makes sense. Thanks for bursting my bubble.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 01:43:26 EST »

I guess that makes sense. Thanks for bursting my bubble.

Sorry.  Just trying to stay realistic.  Not going to jump on a bandwagon that I believe has no wheels.  As UT fans we've been disappointed enough as it is. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: