VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 04:04:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a good way to start the season....  (Read 3892 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2019, 04:32:03 EDT »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/08/25/report-vol-db-charged-with-domestic-assault/
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 05:24:54 EDT »

Well that fizzleING SUX.  It's gonna be a long fizzleING year....

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 08:18:30 EDT »

Pruitt needs to pull the Saban trick....Suspend him for the opener against nobody and have him ready to go for BYU.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 09:48:55 EDT »

I think it hinges on the veracity of the threat to shoot up the school. If that's iffy, he sits for a game. If it seems legit, he's gotta be gone.

I don't see middle ground.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 11:12:41 EDT »

Gotta think if the authorities thought he was a threat his ass would still be in jail.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 12:48:27 EDT »

Gotta think if the authorities thought he was a threat his ass would still be in jail.

Agree both ways. If not for the alleged threat to shoot up the school, it is no big deal. The alleged threat complicates things but the fact he's already been released tells me this probably blows over. There are no allegations of physical abuse, and he's charged with a misdemeanor. I'm not saying it's okay; verbal abuse often leads to physical abuse, so he probably needs some intervention in his life. But this likely isn't going to be a huge deal.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 01:02:22 EDT »

He got drunk, most likely, and had a temper tantrum. Everybody gets ONE of those. No way he is ONLY charged with a misdeamnor if the threats were taken seriously. I heard his gf found the other girls fake eyelashes in his apartment. Durn boy! 🤣
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 01:37:21 EDT »

Yeah, but it was only the guy who was probably the single most promising new player from last year, so what's the big deal?   

But Carnac says one game suspension.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 03:47:02 EDT »

I think one game seems likely IF all pertinent info is available. Hopefully it's a lesson learned.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 05:07:02 EDT »

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Bryce-Thompson-Tennessee-Vols-football-2019season-star-cornerback-suspended-indefinitely-arrest-assault-charges-134786074/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 05:53:21 EDT »

I don't read anything into that.
The process is ongoing and until it is resolved he is suspended
I have no issue with that
I do feel that at the end of the day he will get a "time served" suspension and Pruitt & staff will run his ass off in extra required activities as sentence.

Darth Saban on the issue in question:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1165657656675241985

Not often I agree with the Sith Lord but he speaks the truth

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 06:10:57 EDT »

Back in the day if I'd been arrested every time I had a verbal argument with a girl or said stupid sheet I would have spent more time in jail than in class
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 01:42:10 EDT »

C&P from TOS

quote:
    When police arrested Tennessee cornerback Bryce Thompson on Saturday on a charge of misdemeanor domestic assault, it wasn’t the first time Thompson was accused of threatening a woman. A different woman who had a relationship with Thompson filed for a restraining order against him in January 2018 in Richland County, South Carolina. The woman and Thompson agreed to a mutual one-year restraining order in April 2018. Thompson joined Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s first signing class a month later and became a Freshman All-America cornerback last season. It is unclear whether Tennessee knew about the restraining order when it signed Thompson as a four-star prospect. Thompson does not have a criminal record in South Carolina, according to a search of criminal records. The News Sentinel obtained a copy of the restraining order case file on Tuesday via a public records request.

quote:
    The woman who filed for a restraining order against Thompson wrote in her complaint that Thompson texted her stating that if she dated another man, he “would kill both me and that other guy.” She wrote that she believed Thompson’s threat because “he has a history of violence against me and others. He has physically slapped me, choked me, and thrown me around. I fear for my safety, and am constantly looking over my shoulder.” The News Sentinel is not identifying the woman because she wrote in the restraining order filing she's a victim of relationship violence. The woman wrote that after several attempts to break up with Thompson and telling him not to contact her, he threatened to kill himself on multiple occasions. She wrote that Thompson made her believe she was at fault. Thompson created disguised phone numbers to contact her, she wrote. She also wrote that another woman, whom she referred to as Thompson’s former girlfriend, texted her on Thompson’s behalf. She wrote that she had never met this woman and that the woman continued to text her despite asking her to stop. In October 2017, Thompson contacted the woman who filed the restraining order and told her he was coming to her apartment to harm himself, according to a Columbia Police Department incident report. Columbia police and other agencies responded to the call. Thompson did not show up at the woman’s complex, and his mother later notified police that he returned home safely, according to the incident report.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 02:00:12 EDT »

Well bama would bring him back!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 12:16:23 EDT »

I hope Thompson gets it together, but think he needs to do so somewhere other than UT. This view has zero to do with pundits. All news blows over quickly.

Makers of homicidal threats don"t get to be part of polite society.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 05:22:07 EDT »

If all this is true, I hope he gets his issues fixed. Every time I hear of an athlete with anger issues I always assume it has underlying PED usage origins. Hard to convince me otherwise.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 03:35:32 EDT »

In light of the new information, I think he has to go.

And the UT fans who are directing their ire at the KNS aren't unlike the Penn State fans who were angry that Paterno's role was exposed in covering up the Sandusky scandal. I'm not saying that honoring a kid's scholarship offer after he's implicated in a domestic violence situation is akin to covering up child sex abuse. Obviously it's not and I don't think Pruitt did anything wrong even if he was aware of the April '18 allegations against Thompson. I'm all about second chances. But now there's a pattern of violent threats. Not to sound like John Adams, but Tennessee should dismiss him and move on.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 04:15:11 EDT »

If he is allowed to stay I'd red shirt him.....Make sure he gets counseling and goes through anger management plus umpteen other things in order to stay involved in the program. When it happens once it's a mistake....when it happens twice it's a pattern.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 04:35:19 EDT »

Kinda sounds like we were his second chance.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: