VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 12:24:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I hear one more commentator or journalist whine about an "SEC conspiracy"...  (Read 2729 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:58:49 EST »

...or how "the system is rigged in the SEC's favor", I'm going to puke.  Where was this outcry in 2001, 2003, and 2004, when the Big 12 was putting undeserving teams in the title game, and getting clubbed like baby seals once they got there?  Was that a "Big 12 conspiracy"?  But when a league that has proven time and time and time again that it belongs on this stage actually gets the benefit of the doubt for once, NOW it's a conspiracy.  NOW we need an investigation. 

The system sucks.  That we can all agree on.  But it did what it was designed to do this year: pit the two best teams against each other.  I don't care about the number of wins vs. ranked opponents, I don't care who the computers like better.  Sometimes the eye test and common sense have to come into play. All those who think OSU is getting jobbed need to ask themselves:  If Bama and OSU were to meet on a neutral field, and you had to bet your life savings on one team straight up, who would it be?  Case closed.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:05:31 EST »

That's the reason why I wanted the rematch even though it gives Bammer a chance at the NC. I'm just hoping like hell that LSU can beat them again.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:18:37 EST »

...or how "the system is rigged in the SEC's favor", I'm going to puke.  Where was this outcry in 2001, 2003, and 2004, when the Big 12 was putting undeserving teams in the title game, and getting clubbed like baby seals once they got there?  Was that a "Big 12 conspiracy"?  But when a league that has proven time and time and time again that it belongs on this stage actually gets the benefit of the doubt for once, NOW it's a conspiracy.  NOW we need an investigation. 

The system sucks.  That we can all agree on.  But it did what it was designed to do this year: pit the two best teams against each other.  I don't care about the number of wins vs. ranked opponents, I don't care who the computers like better.  Sometimes the eye test and common sense have to come into play. All those who think OSU is getting jobbed need to ask themselves:  If Bama and OSU were to meet on a neutral field, and you had to bet your life savings on one team straight up, who would it be?  Case closed.

Hear, hear and amen.
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:33:05 EST »

Lets see.  SEC undefeated in BCS championship games.  SEC in more championship games than anyone else.  To me it sounds like all these teams were deserving.  If they weren't, then why did they win?  Simple logic here folks.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 02:12:45 EST »

Do we count this one as a win lost? i mean the SEC is winning and losing at the same time lol.

GO VOLS! 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 04:02:05 EST »

Do we count this one as a win lost? i mean the SEC is winning and losing at the same time lol.

GO VOLS! 

I guess it counts as a win and a loss. I was telling a friend the other day that this will be the first time that the SEC has had a team lose in the BCSCG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: