VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 04:42:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 101stDad  (Read 3085 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:32:29 EDT »

5 classes or 6? Your preference?
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:32:08 EDT »

Neither.  I'm for 3 public, and a true private school division that every private school plays in.  Allowing privates to "promise not to give scholarships" and use a multiplier to get their classification and play in the public school division is just plain absurd.  We all know that none of the privates would fudge on that one.    

Of the 2 choices you gave me, however - I go with 5.  Tennessee doesn't have enough high schools to justify 6 public and 2 private school state champions.  That really waters it down.  If they are going to continue to have 8 champions, they need to start giving every high school football player in the state a certificate of participation, a juice box, and quit keeping score.  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:55:02 EDT by 101stDad » Logged
10EC
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:17:28 EDT »

Neither.  I'm for 3 public, and a true private school division that every private school play in.  Allowing privates to "promise not to give scholarships" and use a multiplier to get their classification and play in the public school division is just plain absurd.  We all know that none of the privates would fudge on that one.    

Of the 2 choices you gave me, however - I go with 5.  Tennessee doesn't have enough high schools to justify 6 public and 2 private school state champions.  That really waters it down.  If they are going to continue to have 8 champions, they need to start giving every high school football player in the state a certificate of participation, a juice box, and quit keeping score.  

That makes AA so much fun to watch imo.  You get A schools playing up in the new AA with a few schools that use to be AAAA.  VERY competitive and you get less domination year after year.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:43:10 EDT »

Yep, I'd love a return to 3 classes. Hey, let the private guys play in one of those too.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 12:39:01 EDT »

Neither.  I'm for 3 public, and a true private school division that every private school plays in.  Allowing privates to "promise not to give scholarships" and use a multiplier to get their classification and play in the public school division is just plain absurd.  We all know that none of the privates would fudge on that one.    

I agree on most points. Eight championships is too many. And all private schools should absolutely be shifted to D II. They have too much of an advantage at any level, but especially in the small school ranks. Look at what Grace Christian has been able to do. No way should GCA be playing with teams like Hampton and Trousdale County. If the private schools are going to stay in the public school ranks, the multiplier should be increased (again)...but I prefer to see them shifted out altogether.

I'm not necessarily a proponent of 3 classes but I probably wouldn't complain if we went back to that. We all know T$$AA isn't going to consider it, though.

I favor 4 classes. Knox Fulton proposed it but I understand that it doesn't have a snowball's chance of even being considered.
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 01:27:32 EDT »

I agree on most points. Eight championships is too many. And all private schools should absolutely be shifted to D II. They have too much of an advantage at any level, but especially in the small school ranks. Look at what Grace Christian has been able to do. No way should GCA be playing with teams like Hampton and Trousdale County. If the private schools are going to stay in the public school ranks, the multiplier should be increased (again)...but I prefer to see them shifted out altogether.

I'm not necessarily a proponent of 3 classes but I probably wouldn't complain if we went back to that. We all know T$$AA isn't going to consider it, though.

I favor 4 classes. Knox Fulton proposed it but I understand that it doesn't have a snowball's chance of even being considered.

I believe they will go back to 5 classes with region format like it was before the Z plan was implemented.  I also believe that they will, in fact, go back to a true private division come playoff time.   It needs to happen. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: