VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 08:11:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injuries noted during the game  (Read 747 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2022, 01:15:04 EST »

Hyatt 2x - appeared to bee leg/lower leg - Returned both times

Small - shoulder injury - came back in for one series (most likely for pass pro mostly) and left for good

Tillman - appeared to be ankle,  really hopped off - returned

Mays - leg?  - had unspecified issues earlier as well - returned next series

Bumphis - appeared to be a chest injury of some type, maybe right shoulder  - didn't see him return but after it started raining wasn't using the binocs

Carvin - really slow to get up a couple of times

Hooker - was hurt on the last sack, very slow to get up and there was urgency to get the med staff out till he got up and wobbled off

We were beat up folks, GA is a very physical team - abused the center of our OL
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 04:34:30 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 02:39:47 EST »

Hyatt 2x - appeared to bee leg/lower leg - Returned both times

Tillman - appeared to be ankle,  really hopped off - returned

Mays - leg?  - had unspecified issues earlier as well - returned next series

Bumphis - appeared to be a chest injury of some type, maybe right shoulder  - didn't see him return but after it started raining wasn't using the binocs

Carvin - really slow to get up a couple of times

Hooker - was hurt on the last sack, very slow to get up and there was urgency to get the med staff out till he got up and wobbled off

We were beat up folks, GA is a very physical team - abused the center of our OL

Our stats guru, cough, cough Bandit, assured UGA was not a good pressure/sack team. What happened? Many, many sacks   Also not once during the week did I hear anywhere that the very, very good interior DL was returning for this game. He did a lot of damage. At any rate, our roster ain't there yet. 8-1 is not too shabby tho considering where we have been.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 02:42:23 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 05:27:17 EST »

They physically whipped our azzes....It was men among boys for most of the game. After yesterdays manhandling you find out what you have come Monday....And when nothing is working you tend to get more bumps and bruises. It was a game billed as our high powered offense against their championship defense and we lost the billing bigly. Got to regroup.

And bless Bumphis heart....He gets toted off the field more than the kicking tee.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 07:43:54 EST »

Our stats guru, cough, cough Bandit, assured UGA was not a good pressure/sack team. What happened? Many, many sacks   Also not once during the week did I hear anywhere that the very, very good interior DL was returning for this game. He did a lot of damage. At any rate, our roster ain't there yet. 8-1 is not too shabby tho considering where we have been.

They blitzed a lot and stayed in man coverage is what happened.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 08:03:20 EST »

That and Hooker became Guarantano for a game. He has been terrific. A diamond in the rough. Yesterday he was awful.
The blueprint is out there though. UT should be able to handle rest of the schedule.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 08:07:49 EST »

And I was just giving you shizzle. I know you are an engineer. Stats matter often, but not always. I'm more of a gut(intuition) kinda guy. I was fooled too. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 12:18:40 EST »

I think that was a definite case of stats lying.  UGa didn’t have many sacks cuz they didn’t need many sacks - all but one of their games were blowouts.  They did fine in those games playing base D. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 03:35:30 EST »

That and Hooker became Guarantano for a game. He has been terrific. A diamond in the rough. Yesterday he was awful.
The blueprint is out there though. UT should be able to handle rest of the schedule.

Hooker obviously didn't have his best game yesterday...missed three open WRs well down field and overall just not his best day.

But comparing him to Gitmo?  Come on man.  No where near that bad.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 03:43:14 EST »

But, who has the gazillion 5 stars to execute it though???

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 04:25:13 EST »

But, who has the gazillion 5 stars to execute it though???

True. Maybe not any other team.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 04:30:26 EST »

Hooker obviously didn't have his best game yesterday...missed three open WRs well down field and overall just not his best day.

But comparing him to Gitmo?  Come on man.  No where near that bad.   

That was a bit much. My bad. He has done great all year. He is my QB. It was a team effort yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: