VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 06:02:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I will not be going to the office today.......  (Read 2087 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:51:38 EST »

It's going to be a record snow storm.

However, I did go to the Waffle House for breakfast this morning. Along with many other crazies.

When does Spring get here?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:56:15 EST »

Well, you're in the South.  So Spring either starts on pitchers/catchers report date, or Thursday at the Masters.  Your preference.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:36:32 EST »

I'm working from home today and haven't seen a flake. Since the alleged storm is traveling north to south (kind of), and I work about 40 minutes north of where I reside, I figured by the time I made the call to return home the drive would have gotten crazy. Now I am getting tempted to go hit the local Indian restaurant for lunch.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:53:41 EST »

We got about an inch or so this morning, then it turned to rain.  It rained all day up until now, and it's currently snowing pretty hard.  Apparently, this is supposed to go on until 5AM or so, so work tomorrow looks like it's up in the air for me. 

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:19:30 EST »

We had about 6 inches of snow and now it's sleeting. That will continue until about midnight and the temp will be in the low 20's. So it looks like I'll be homebound tomorrow unless it melt some by tomorrow afternoon.

I've had enough. I like a good snow but it will get to be boring by tomorrow.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 12:40:38 EST »

I retract my "haven't seen a flake" remark. About an hour ago I measured 3.5", and we've got another 24 hours or so to go. Flakes are small, so it takes time to accumulate, but we'll have a legitimate event. Admittedly TRO may scoff at such a definition after his experience a few years back. Those pictures were amazing.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: