VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 11:15:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UGH! Jim Tressel?  (Read 8335 times)
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2012, 03:05:01 EST »

His name was thrown out there by 104.5 this am.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 03:15:35 EST »

I don't believe he can coach anywhere right now, show cause

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 03:20:09 EST »

Yeah. Won't happen. But I'm with Lyn . . . NFW.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:21:38 EST »

They said his isn't the same as what Bruce has...idk.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:23:52 EST »

They said his isn't the same as what Bruce has...idk.

I read some time ago that it was weaker, but still had severe penalties (he couldn't coach games) for about half of his first season in any new job. I doubt any major program will want to touch that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 03:32:25 EST »

His name was thrown out there by 104.5 this am.

Could you imagine Jim on the sidelines with an Orange and White checked sweater?

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 04:06:11 EST »

I read some time ago that it was weaker, but still had severe penalties (he couldn't coach games) for about half of his first season in any new job. I doubt any major program will want to touch that.

I wish I could trust Dave Hart not to fizzle this up.  They also say Jimbo Fisher. I think I would rather stick with Dooley.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 04:10:20 EST »

I wish I could trust Dave Hart not to fizzle this up.  They also say Jimbo Fisher. I think I would rather stick with Dooley.

Jimbo's doing a pretty good job cleaning up what Bobby Bowden left Him at FSU

FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 04:27:51 EST »

I heard that Tressell thing also.  Mark Howard is a dufus. Tressell has a show cause for 5 years, right? 

Lately everytime I turn on 104 I regret it.  Except when I'm listening to the Vols.  Wait.... Lately everytime I turn on 104 I regret it.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 04:40:54 EST »

I heard that Tressell thing also.  Mark Howard is a dufus. Tressell has a show cause for 5 years, right? 

Lately everytime I turn on 104 I regret it.  Except when I'm listening to the Vols.  Wait.... Lately everytime I turn on 104 I regret it.

LOL yes, Mark  Howard is a moron.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 04:44:47 EST »

GeneVols
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 05:04:00 EST »

I know this won't be a popular opinion but Tressel would be a huge upgrade over Dooley. I am not saying I think we should hire Tressel but he is ALOT better than our current HC.

With that being said no one will hire Tressel until 2017 and maybe not then, due to his 5 years show cause letter.

On December 20, 2011 the NCAA placed Ohio State on an additional one year's probation and banned it from postseason play in 2012 for numerous major violations under Tressel's watch. It also imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game. The NCAA came down particularly hard on Tressel because he'd had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 06:48:28 EST »

Tressell is absolutely in play.  I actually knew this months ago, but I didn't know who to tell.

(Didn't think I'd ever get to use THAT one again)

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 06:51:41 EST »

Tressell is absolutely in play.  I actually knew this months ago, but I didn't know who to tell.

He could bring down that exciting Ohio State brand of football!

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 07:34:17 EST »

Well done! 
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 08:32:26 EST »

HAW!!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 09:08:09 EST »

Nooooos!

I did hear Andy Reid was about to get fired.  Iggles fans, weigh in.

I don't want Reid...I think half his problem is personal, his son died of an OD, so I really don't want him.

Seriously though...if Gruden is considered "all that" there may be some other good NFL coaches out there.

Jim "Playoffs!" Mora is doing a great job at UCLA, believe it or not.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:57:40 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 09:19:21 EST »

He could bring down that exciting Ohio State brand of football!

I'd rather have his brand of non-exciting but winning football than the 51-44(UGA), 41-31(MSU) and 38-35 (USC) exciting shootouts we're losing now. No, I don't want Tressel because of his problems with the NCAA, but the dude pretty much dominated the Big 10 for a decade.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 02:18:26 EST »

WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO 104.5

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 05:30:50 EST »

I know this won't be a popular opinion but Tressel would be a huge upgrade over Dooley. I am not saying I think we should hire Tressel but he is ALOT better than our current HC.

With that being said no one will hire Tressel until 2017 and maybe not then, due to his 5 years show cause letter.

On December 20, 2011 the NCAA placed Ohio State on an additional one year's probation and banned it from postseason play in 2012 for numerous major violations under Tressel's watch. It also imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game. The NCAA came down particularly hard on Tressel because he'd had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so

His Show cause is not near that severe

Effective: 12/2011
Expires: 12/2016

His show cause only requires that any institution that employs him must:
(1) Suspend him for the first 5 games of the year as well as any bowl game that year. He's not allowed to coach or basically do anything during the period around those 5 games. Not allowed to be at the venue or to "coach" as that term is defined by the NCAA. He can't recruit or contact current players or coaches during that time.

(2) The AD, within 60 days, has to detail to the NCAA how it will effectively monitor Tressel to make sure the same infractions aren't committed. Then the AD has to monitor his activities and report everything to the NCAA every 6 months to ensure he is still in compliance.

Link to the tOSU report:

http://espn.go.com/photo/preview/!pdfs/111220/ohio_state_report.pdf
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 05:34:05 EST »

His Show cause is not near that severe

Effective: 12/2011
Expires: 12/2016

His show cause only requires that any institution that employs him must:
(1) Suspend him for the first 5 games of the year as well as any bowl game that year. He's not allowed to coach or basically do anything during the period around those 5 games. Not allowed to be at the venue or to "coach" as that term is defined by the NCAA. He can't recruit or contact current players or coaches during that time.

(2) The AD, within 60 days, has to detail to the NCAA how it will effectively monitor Tressel to make sure the same infractions aren't committed. Then the AD has to monitor his activities and report everything to the NCAA every 6 months to ensure he is still in compliance.

Link to the tOSU report:

http://espn.go.com/photo/preview/!pdfs/111220/ohio_state_report.pdf

I don't see us hiring someone and then suspending him for the start of the season.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 12:26:23 EST »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: