VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 12:51:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N.C. State plays with a depleted lineup because of Covid and loses to Vandy...  (Read 641 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2021, 06:13:50 EDT »

Now they forfeit the next game against Vandy because of Covid. The N.C. State coach refuses to answer questions about if the players were encouraged to get vaccinated.

And Vandy advances to the championship series. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 06:22:49 EDT »

I thought the coach was spot on in his not answering those questions.  It's none of the media's damned business.  Vaccines aren't infallible and it's nobody else's business if one chooses to have a vaccine or not, and especially college aged athletes who are in the lowest risk group, at virtually zero. 

And here's the rub:

The NCAA let the entire NCSU team back in to Ameritrade this morning to take a picture.  And every member of the team and coaching staff can buy a ticket for today's and the championship series games and sit shoulder to shoulder with other fans, but yet they can't play on the field? 

Yeah, that makes a hellofalot of sense. 

And while I have a lot of respect for Tim Corbin and what he has done with that program, this will forever be known as the Asterisk CWS, especially if Vandy wins it. 

I'll be pulling for either Mississippi Mistake or Texas in the championship series. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 02:57:03 EDT »

Ridiculous that we’re still doing this performative bullshizzle for a bunch of 20 year old athletes who have a better chance being killed by a lightning strike than by COVID. Not only does this give Vandy a free pass out of the semis, they also get the advantage of a rested pitching staff in the finals. What a joke.

If the Vols couldn’t win it, I was probably going to pull for MSU anyway. Hard to believe they’ve never won one before.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: