VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 06:22:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOL @UF  (Read 5476 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:42:09 EST »

Poor Muschamp losing his cool AGAIN.  His team follows suit AGAIN.  This might be worth staying up for!
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:43:07 EST »

I'm thoroughly enjoying this one. You play like you're coached. Florida has crumbled in the face of adversity.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 04:46:00 EST »

This is the uf team we played at the 1st of the year and should have beat except we didn't know defense was allowed.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:47:30 EST »

I'm thoroughly enjoying this one. You play like you're coached. Florida has crumbled in the face of adversity.

I still give UF at least a 50/50 chance of winning this one.  Something happened in last year's BCS Title game.  Les Miles' mojo left him and migrated over to Muschamp.  They've been pulling games out of the fire with smoke and mirrors all season.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:49:04 EST »

I still give UF at least a 50/50 chance of winning this one.  Something happened in last year's BCS Title game.  Les Miles' mojo left him and migrated over to Muschamp.  They've been pulling games out of the fire with smoke and mirrors all season.

FSU should have smoked these chumps!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:56:53 EST »

Down 3 TDs, and they're STILL acting like Da U's worst teams.  Woofing and strutting every time they tackle somebody.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 04:56:57 EST »

Poor Muschamp losing his cool AGAIN.  His team follows suit AGAIN.  This might be worth staying up for!

Yeah. That onsides kick at the start of the second half was a panic move for sure. And UF gets 2 personal fouls on it and they've been chippy and woofing the entire game.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 04:58:18 EST »

Yeah. That onsides kick at the start of the second half was a panic move for sure. And UF gets 2 personal fouls on it and they've been chippy and woofing the entire game.

The Virtual Swamp should be fun for the next few days

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 05:05:58 EST »

I don't know about that.  Muschamp is a decent coach other than his composure issues.  They had some solid wins this year.

He's good, but also flawed.   Perhaps good enough to hold on to his job for quite some time but never achieve the next level.   

Then again, Utah destroyed Saban in 2008, and that didn't really hold him back.  Time will tell if Muschamp can ever win a championship of any sort at Florida, but IMO he is head and shoulders better than Miles.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 05:10:25 EST »

I don't know about that.  Muschamp is a decent coach other than his composure issues.  They had some solid wins this year.

He's good, but also flawed.   Perhaps good enough to hold on to his job for quite some time but never achieve the next level.   

Then again, Utah destroyed Saban in 2008, and that didn't really hold him back.  Time will tell if Muschamp can ever win a championship of any sort at Florida, but IMO he is head and shoulders better than Miles.

He's more likely to be another Charley Pell. Good enough for second teer in the SEC most of the time

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 05:12:39 EST »

He's more likely to be another Charley Pell. Good enough for second teer in the SEC most of the time

Charlie Pell is exactly what I was thinking of, without the sanctions.  I wouldn't call that second tier though.  UF was about as good as any other team in the 80s.  If not for sanctions, they would have had a couple SEC titles.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 05:13:52 EST »

Charlie Pell is exactly what I was thinking of, without the sanctions.  I wouldn't call that second tier though.  UF was about as good as any other team in the 80s.  If not for sanctions, they would have had a couple SEC titles.

Charlie also brought Clemson back from the dead in the mid 70s

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:56 EST »

Time will tell.  In the past when we've had seasons with a lot of close wins ('01, '04, '07), karma has caught up to us in a big way the very next year.  I suspect it will be the same for UF next fall.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:36 EST »

In the red zone & throws an INT - Stick a fork in 'em.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 05:23:20 EST »

In the red zone & throws an INT - Stick a fork in 'em.

Coach just didn't have the Crocs ready

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 05:32:32 EST »

Time will tell.  In the past when we've had seasons with a lot of close wins ('01, '04, '07), karma has caught up to us in a big way the very next year.  I suspect it will be the same for UF next fall.

True.  It's not really karma though, it's just statistics.  If you win a bunch of coin tosses, eventually you lose them.

Karma does sound better though. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 05:54:59 EST »

See that just now?  Muschamp let a good 20 seconds run off the clock before calling timeout.  VERY Miles-esque.  And they'll still probably find a way to win.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: