VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:01:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OM always seems to give us fits…  (Read 438 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2022, 01:44:36 EST »

…no matter the coach, no matter how good we are or how bad they are. That first half was about as bad as we can play. I’m just relieved to get out of there with a win.

But I do think that we’re in for a disappointing SEC slate unless JJJ returns at full speed (rapidly losing hope for this) or someone takes up the slack for his absence on offense (looking at you, Phillips). The book is out on this team, and they’re just too easy to defend right now.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 01:57:32 EST »

Agree...When I saw we were favored by 7.5 I laughed. I knew we would struggle and wouldnt  be surprised if we lost. In fine UT fashion we have another 5 star that's so far a flop.

JJJ is just odd situation.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 03:28:20 EST by Tnphil » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 01:58:18 EST »

…no matter the coach, no matter how good we are or how bad they are. That first half was about as bad as we can play. I’m just relieved to get out of there with a win.

But I do think that we’re in for a disappointing SEC slate unless JJJ returns at full speed (rapidly losing hope for this) or someone takes up the slack for his absence on offense (looking at you, Phillips). The book is out on this team, and they’re just too easy to defend right now.

Agree. Disappointing that Zieglar MUST score. The freshman, and Mashak need to step it up. I don't think JJJ plays again this year. We have a chance to score in the paint with Aidoo/Nkamhoua/Awaka. Doesn't appear the freshman PG is going to be any help. We shall see.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 02:00:04 EST »

Agree...When I saw we were favored by 7.5 I laughed. I knew we would struggle and would be surprised if we lost. In fine UT fashion we have another 5 star that's so far a flop.

JJJ was basically a flop until last year. We don't have much luck with the 5 stahs for sure.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 02:12:30 EST »

Agree...When I saw we were favored by 7.5 I laughed. I knew we would struggle and would be surprised if we lost. In fine UT fashion we have another 5 star that's so far a flop.

I’m not ready to write off Phillips just yet. Recall that Chandler got off to a slow start last year, but by March he was arguably the best PG in America. But that team had other options on offense, and we could afford to wait him out. We really need to light bulb to come on for Phillips ASAP.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 02:13:04 EST »

It’s a road win in the SEC against Kermit. I’ll definitely take it!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: