VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 06:53:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So why in the hell have none of you people...  (Read 6534 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:12:35 EST »

...told me how good Sons of Anarchy is?  I've started watching on Netflix, and this might be my second favorite show right now, behind Breaking Bad.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:14:58 EST »

I haven't seen it.

Homeland on the other hand.... I recently started watching the first season of that and it might be better than Dexter. Claire Danes is amazing in Homeland and the plot is riveting.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:22:20 EST »

I haven't seen it.

Homeland on the other hand.... I recently started watching the first season of that and it might be better than Dexter. Claire Danes is amazing in Homeland and the plot is riveting.

It's on HBO, right?  Unfortunately, I don't get it, and it's not on Netflix.  But I've heard great things. 

I don't keep up with the Emmys, but Katy Sagal should be taking one home every year for her work on SOA.  This is the first major role I've seen her in since Peg Bundy, so I was pretty shocked at how great a dramatic actress she is.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:17 EST »

It's on HBO, right?  Unfortunately, I don't get it, and it's not on Netflix.  But I've heard great things. 

I don't keep up with the Emmys, but Katy Sagal should be taking one home every year for her work on SOA.  This is the first major role I've seen her in since Peg Bundy, so I was pretty shocked at how great a dramatic actress she is.

Homeland is on Showtime. The season just ended recently so it wouldn't have made it to Netflix quite yet. I stayed home this past Monday for my birthday with the intention of doing absolutely nothing... I figured I'd watch a little TV and then try to finish Uncharted 3. I was pleasantly surprised to find Homeland on DirecTV on demand around 11:00 AM.... 8 episodes later, I hadn't picked up a game controller. I found it riveting.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:43:40 EST »

I'll second the praise for Homeland. Terrific show.
VOLcrazi
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:41:20 EST »

At first I was disappointed at the lack of new movies, but heck, I'm too busy watching the TV episodes to ever watch movies.  And now, I'm tempted to watch Sons of Anarchy.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:01:50 EST »

Homeland is excellent.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 01:16:10 EST »

I'd like to thank Stogie for introducing me to Person of Interest on CBS.

Boardwalk Empire on HBO is another good one.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 02:42:06 EST »

I'd like to thank Stogie for introducing me to Person of Interest on CBS.

Boardwalk Empire on HBO is another good one.

I watch those, too.

Right now, "Justified" is my favorite.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:13 EST »

I watch those, too.

Right now, "Justified" is my favorite.

Justified is another good one. Thank goodness for DVR.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:36 EST »

It's on HBO, right?  Unfortunately, I don't get it, and it's not on Netflix.  But I've heard great things....

NSFW language, but relevant to your dilemma.  http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 04:58:54 EST »

If.you like the paranormal activity feel to a show then watch the river. I personally like the scary movie/show genre, but that's just me lol.

GO VOLS!   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 05:00:51 EST »

I finished the first season of Homeland.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 05:06:48 EST »

If.you like the paranormal activity feel to a show then watch the river. I personally like the scary movie/show genre, but that's just me lol.

GO VOLS!   

I've been watching it.  I'm still not sure whether I like it or not, but like a horrific train wreck, I just can't look away.

I will say this, though- The River has the best sound of any show on TV.  Watch it in 5.1, and you'll feel like you're in the Amazon with them.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 05:17:22 EST »

Haven't watched The River but my wife and I like the paranormal shoes so I'll have to schedule that one on the DVR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: