VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 04:47:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bama lost 13 starters  (Read 4041 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:34 EDT »

I know they have excellent talent in the wings, but that is realistically hard to overcome that quickly. I think they will have a good, but not great season, and this year could be the best chance we have had in a while to beat them. Would that be sweet?

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:14:09 EDT »

Is this a trick question? Its always sweet to beat bama. The more the merrier.   

I know they have excellent talent in the wings, but that is realistically hard to overcome that quickly. I think they will have a good, but not great season, and this year could be the best chance we have had in a while to beat them. Would that be sweet?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:10:42 EDT »

Them and the Gators, both games are in Knoxville.   If not this year, when?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 05:34:43 EDT »

Them and the Gators, both games are in Knoxville.   If not this year, when?

I don't expect to beat bammer.  They have recruited at a level the likes of which CFB hasn't seen since before scholarship limitations.  They have become to football what UK is to basketball.  Whether it's all on the up and up, who knows?  (I personally doubt it).  But we don't have the talent to beat them straight up, and we damn sure don't have the better coach. 

UF, on the other hand, is a game we absolutely should win.  If we lose that one again, Dooley won't be here next year.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:04:48 EDT »

Yeah, we might be competitive this year vs. bammer at home, but I don't have huge hopes of beating them.  UF is one we probably should win, or at least on paper it looks even at best.  They still have more talent than us, but might actually have a worse coach.  Bammer on the other hand does have more talent and the better coach, but it's a rivalry and anything can happen (and they are almost certainly not on the up and up, lol...NOBODY recruits that way year in and year out without some funny bidness).

I don't think UF will sink Dooley if he loses, but it will dig an awfully deep hole.   Our expectations in that game should definitely be for the win.  No question about that!   Expectations in that it's reasonable and also that Dooley needs to feel the pressure.  Clock is ticking DD!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:38:58 EDT »

The Freshman QB's at UF looked very lost last year.  I know they will have spring practice and all summer and will look better, but this is one year it looks like it will be good that we play them at the beginning of the year!  After two cupcakes and being able to throw it up anywhere then having their next game be in front of a hostile crowd with what should be a fairly good Secondary, I think we have some great opportunities for some pick 6's.  Or at least i hope we do!
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:31:30 EDT »

They play at A&M 2nd game of the season jot a cupcake I think.

GO VOLS!   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 07:32:57 EDT »

Is this a trick question? Its always sweet to beat bama. The more the merrier.   

LOL good point
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 08:24:44 EDT »

I have no illusions of beating Alabama this year, and I don't think Tennessee's season should be judged on whether that game is a win or a loss. Alabama loses a lot and they may not win the national championship, but that is still a very talented team.

Florida is a game that Tennessee needs desperately to win, but I don't think that game alone is going to make or break Dooley when it comes to job security...although, in the end, if Tennessee beats UF there's probably a pretty good chance Dooley will be around for 2013 and if UF wins there's probably only a slim chance that Dooley will be around next year.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 08:34:46 EDT »

UF, on the other hand, is a game we absolutely should win.  If we lose that one again, Dooley on't be here next year.

Agree with that.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 11:21:54 EDT »

Well, I just hope we make a first down.

And, yes, I borrowed those same words from Les Miles during his last halftime speech.:)

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: