VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:13:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baker Mayfield planted the OU flag at midfield in the shoe...  (Read 5241 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:33:12 EDT »

You know, I'm not really opposed to these types of celebrations in general.  And if anyone deserves it, it's OSU.  But if you wait to do it after the home team has left the field, and most of the home fans have left the stadium, you're a pu**y.  Period.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/09/baker_mayfield_plants_oklahoma.html

As much as I hated Terrell Owens, at least he danced on the Cowboys' Star in full view of everyone, knowing he was going to get leveled.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mdDQpqY5OTI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/mdDQpqY5OTI</a>

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:16:42 EDT »

You know, I'm not really opposed to these types of celebrations in general.  And if anyone deserves it, it's OSU.  But if you wait to do it after the home team has left the field, and most of the home fans have left the stadium, you're a pu**y.  Period.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/09/baker_mayfield_plants_oklahoma.html

As much as I hated Terrell Owens, at least he danced on the Cowboys' Star in full view of everyone, knowing he was going to get leveled.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mdDQpqY5OTI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/mdDQpqY5OTI</a>

I don't think he knew he was going to get leveled.

And since I hate Dallas, and always have, I still think it was hilarious.   

Agree that Baker doing it well after the fact is silly.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:28:51 EDT »

I got around to watching that.  I thought it was Emmitt who tackled him, but it was teague.  Also didn't know he did it twice.  interesting.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:32:31 EDT »

Most people don't agree with me on things like this, but I absolutely abhor that type of behavior. Just shows a thuggish nature. Be a sport.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 03:59:12 EDT »

Most people don't agree with me on things like this, but I absolutely abhor that type of behavior. Just shows a thuggish nature. Be a sport.

I do.  Opponents should be respected, not belittled.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 03:13:04 EDT »

Not real smart trying to plant anything in artificial turf.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:21:09 EDT »

I get what you guys are saying about sportsmanship, and I mostly agree.

But...I make a big exception for Dallas.   

Let me on a bit more serious note that it's not just dislike.  It's that Dallas fans take their team and their fandom SO SERIOUSLY that I think they deserved what Owens did.

I mean....it's a freaking game!  They should lighten up a bit.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 02:49:19 EDT »

I get what you guys are saying about sportsmanship, and I mostly agree.

But...I make a big exception for Dallas.   

Let me on a bit more serious note that it's not just dislike.  It's that Dallas fans take their team and their fandom SO SERIOUSLY that I think they deserved what Owens did.

I mean....it's a freaking game!  They should lighten up a bit.

Speaking as a Cowboys fan, I found the TO event highly entertaining. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 04:00:36 EDT »

Speaking as a Cowboys fan, I found the TO event highly entertaining. 

Im talking about the ones that live there, mostly

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 08:46:14 EDT »

He was a college kid that had just played a great game and got a big win.I hate seeing passionate young men playing an adrenaline fueled sport acting like passionate young men playing an adrenaline fueled sport after a momentous road win. Damn near makes me sick. The horror. I think the Buckeye fans and some here need their safe space.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:43:59 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 01:15:46 EDT »

Planted a flag (or tried to) into an turf field. Did not work. Frankly, I have no problem with any celebration on the opponents field if they celebrated on yours last time.

Someone order a sad pizza for the Crier.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 05:38:04 EDT »

If you own an iphone, ask Siri "who owns Ohio stadium".
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 02:52:02 EDT »

If you own an iphone, ask Siri "who owns Ohio stadium".

OK, so I tried to demonstrate this to a colleague today and realized it had been reprogrammed.

Last night, Siri responded with "Oh, that's Baker Mayfield!" when asked who owned Ohio stadium.

I would like to know how this was hacked. Someone deserves an award for it, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: