VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 10:52:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumors running wild that it's Shannon, done deal  (Read 5938 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2012, 01:29:00 EST »

I have even heard that Steele might be coming as LB coach and asst HC from a couple of different places but I think that's made up... a educated guess based on the possibility of Steele getting fired at Clemson.

VolQuest and other outlets are still saying that they don't know anything. John Brice got on 104.5 this afternoon and said that UT hadn't contacted Shannon and were "back to square one" because of the Steele / Clemson debacle... at roughly the same time, Hubbs was posting on the GQ that Shannon HAD been contacted but didn't have an offer yet.

I will be completely honest with you... I LOVE it when UT has coaching searches and everybody gets all tingly. It makes for interesting reading in finding out who is right (or guessed right) and who is completely out of the loop. Unfortunately with regime changes, many of the people we used to rely on for info are in the latter group.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 02:13:27 EST »

It is very exciting.  But is anyone else claiming it's done besides that footballscope site?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:23:58 EST »

It is very exciting.  But is anyone else claiming it's done besides that footballscope site?

Basilio. THAT ought to give you some REAL confidence! 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:25:22 EST »

Basilio. THAT ought to give you some REAL confidence! 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 02:30:27 EST »

FootballScoop now saying the announcement won't be until Monday before the national championship game. This makes sense actually. Maximum exposure, and the big recruiting weekend is January 13th.

I read other rumors today saying that recruits are being told that it is Shannon.... McCullers and McNeil specifically. McNeil reaffirmed his UT commitment today after waffling after Wilcox / Sirmon were leaving... TIFWIW.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 02:33:48 EST »

FootballScoop now saying the announcement won't be until Monday before the national championship game. This makes sense actually. Maximum exposure, and the big recruiting weekend is January 13th.

I read other rumors today saying that recruits are being told that it is Shannon.... McCullers and McNeil specifically. McNeil reaffirmed his UT commitment today after waffling after Wilcox / Sirmon were leaving... TIFWIW.

Great, we'll have the whole weekend to obsess.   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 02:36:59 EST »

Great, we'll have the whole weekend to obsess.   

Basilio says 10 AM tomorrow. 

I'm going to be honest... with regards to your link below from Austin Ward... I think the print journalists and VQ types try to go through their contacts in the SID and AD and get off the record comments and I think Dooley has those people locked down. I think it is other people connected to the program that are leaking stuff, and I think with Dooley we've seen a change in the tides of how information breaks. The people that he controls their jobs won't talk to reporters anymore. The people who are connected but not employed aren't people the print journalists trust. Ergo, your connected posters and fan websites like FeelsLike98.com are breaking stories.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 02:41:46 EST »

Actually, I don't see that on FootballScoop at all... I saw somebody say it and didn't check it.

But I did see somebody else post it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 02:43:22 EST »

Basilio says 10 AM tomorrow. 

I'm going to be honest... with regards to your link below from Austin Ward... I think the print journalists and VQ types try to go through their contacts in the SID and AD and get off the record comments and I think Dooley has those people locked down. I think it is other people connected to the program that are leaking stuff, and I think with Dooley we've seen a change in the tides of how information breaks. The people that he controls their jobs won't talk to reporters anymore. The people who are connected but not employed aren't people the print journalists trust. Ergo, your connected posters and fan websites like FeelsLike98.com are breaking stories.

I think it's hilarious that the powers that be seem to be CIA-like in information misdirection and secrecy, yet we couldn't find a way to score more than 7 freakin' point against freakin' Kentucky.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 02:46:37 EST »

Actually, I don't see that on FootballScoop at all... I saw somebody say it and didn't check it.

But I did see somebody else post it.

I saw it on footballscoop, is it not there now? Lemme go check!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 02:48:15 EST »

I saw it on footballscoop, is it not there now? Lemme go check!

Yes, it's there: http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 02:49:28 EST »

I'm talking about the part about the announcement not being until Monday... I saw somebody say that it was on that site and I don't see that.

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 03:01:05 EST »

I'm talking about the part about the announcement not being until Monday... I saw somebody say that it was on that site and I don't see that.

Just saw that it was supposed to be Monday but because it got leaked out so quickly, that they will announce tomorrow. tifwiw

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 03:03:03 EST »

Just saw that it was supposed to be Monday but because it got leaked out so quickly, that they will announce tomorrow. tifwiw

I'm just wondering how the mainstream media people aren't all over this. I know Hubbs et al have to be burning up the phones.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 03:36:36 EST »

I'm just wondering how the mainstream media people aren't all over this. I know Hubbs et al have to be burning up the phones.

Cause the mainstream media is dead. Bloggers will rule the world. Haven't you been keeping up?   

So, wait, let me see if I got this right: Randy Shannon is going to be named defensive coordinator tomorrow? Kevin Steele is going to be linebackers coach? And Bourque is going to commit tomorrow? Hells to the yeah. I think I'll go ahead and call in tomorrow so I can par-tay.

No raining on our parade, Debbie Downer.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 03:56:07 EST »

Cause the mainstream media is dead. Bloggers will rule the world. Haven't you been keeping up?   

So, wait, let me see if I got this right: Randy Shannon is going to be named defensive coordinator tomorrow? Kevin Steele is going to be linebackers coach? And Bourque is going to commit tomorrow? Hells to the yeah. I think I'll go ahead and call in tomorrow so I can par-tay.

No raining on our parade, Debbie Downer.

Wrong.

Borque is already a silent.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: